Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, this is probably one of the most retarded things ever.....

did my oil change the other day, drained the oil, removed filter, fit new filter, sump-plug with new washer, filled with oil up to the upper line on the dip-stick. Started it up to fill the filter, then shut it off and re-checked/topped it up. okay, great stuff.

then I started it up and jacked it up so I could check for leaks. yep, all seems fine. just one more check on the level. oh hang on it's gone down again. put some more in. didn't think it'd take this much, most of my 5Ltrs is gone...

oh.

bugger.

it's still jacked up, so the oil's gone to the other side of the engine giving a false reading. :eek: :loser: :rofl:

so umm there's probably about 0.3Ltr too much oil in there. I'm really not keen on the idea of blowing a seal...will it be alright or do i need to bleed some out somehow? it's off the road for some body work at the mo so i've not used it since...

cheers in advance :sorry: :cheers:

paul

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bugger. what a loser :spank:

cheers guys :apint:

paul

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now there's a good idea :)

cheers wiseco i'll try that :cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you can get hold of a syringe with a piece of tubing attatched (narrow enough to fit down where the dipstick goes), you can suck it out from there. If you cant get hold of a syringe you may be able to get an old hand pump like the type you get on bottle's of liquid soap e.t.c. and again atttach some tubing and pump it out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh i'm gona try this, sounds like the easiest option :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts