Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lads was reading up on intercoolers there and it seems if i fit a fmic to it it will become a bit laggy and will also overfuel,
mods are:
super dragger system,std elbow
cone filter
blitz bov
what else will i eed to do to get it to run properly, i don't want massive power increase just reliability and to fill the hole in the bumper!!
any advice greatly app. as don't wnt to fu*k her up
cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
get an apexi fc i think as well as the fmic and get it running sweet is the most popular option

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apexi fc

will i hav to get it mapped for this or is it a diy job? how do i set it up? is this all i need?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
\i wouldn't really bother with a FMIC on a standard tubby, unless you plan to get a hybrid or uprated tubby, will introduce lag.

When you introduce a greater air flow then all the stock ecu does is add more fuel. You need either a SAFC to trim teh fuel back or you can future proof depending on your plans and get a power FC

I got an SAFC, in hindsight I wish I had got a POwer FC

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gtt?

i hear the r34gtt turbo is agood upgrade but is there any point when the car doesn't need to be any faster, just want the cooler to fill front bumper!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
fmic wont do much to your fueling. just get a safc if your worried about over fueling.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Agree with csar60, its not gonna make a difference to fuelling really and disagree with blitzer its nearly always better to have lower inlet temps!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I agree that its always good having lower inlet temps, no doubt, but if hes not after serious power, is it really worth it running on a standard turbo on standard boost? Just introduces lag.

Just my 10p worth

·
Registered
746 Posts
Maybe its personal preference but i would rather lower inlet temps and a teeny bit more lag which frankly shouldn't be to noticeable!

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
fit an uprated turbo elbow, big bore downpipe and decat so the lag of the fmic will be compensated
wind the boost up to 0.8bar and get it mapped (if you want to go for bigger horses later on then get power fc ecu, otherwise get an SAFC2 or similar)
you should see an easy & reliable 320bhp

·
Registered
766 Posts
likewise i got a fmic mostly to fit my bumper void. I have found an increase in performance even on the stock ecu. It has introduced a few flat spots though which i understand to be overfuelling. And the car flames much more readily. An ecu upgrade is on the cards as soon as funds allow.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
likewise i got a fmic mostly to fit my bumper void. I have found an increase in performance even on the stock ecu. It has introduced a few flat spots though which i understand to be overfuelling. And the car flames much more readily. An ecu upgrade is on the cards as soon as funds allow.

Same Reason for me, I just wanted a front mount for looks really, But now have caught the bug and it will come in useful :D I got a Mines ECU for mine All flat spots and overfuelling gone :D Although I miss the Flames I used to get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts