Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with Halfords.

My paint code is KR4 Spec 2 Silver but they are saying that there is several number that they can put after that KR4/1 all the way up to 10, they can make just KR4 do you think this is going to match?

Could the numbers = how old in years the paint is so it matches properley?

I really need the paint made on the spot by tomorrow, can any one suggest what I can do.

Cheers

Stewart

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
cant they atempt to match it by eye to the actual car? other than that try old car restorers. some of these guys mix the colour the car is now, rather than what it was new as the years fade even the best paints, so regardless youll get a near perfect match

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is halfords we are talking about! They can mix paint and that is what they'd be doing becuase KR4 is not off the shelf as far as they can see, I bought some of what they thought was KR4 but after testing it is far too light.

As for them matching it by eye just don't think they are up to it :D

Old car restorers would normally be an option but as I need it made up on the spot not really possible this time round, + I don't know of any in the local area, need to spray this fin part of the spoiler tomorrow morning.

Cheers

·
mph madness...
576 Posts
I found my local halfords pretty useless for paint.. ended up going to the local motorfactors and they ordered it in - got it within a couple of hours and it was the right shade. not kr4 but q1m..... maybe a browse of the yellow pages and calling a couple of places first thing?

·
Registered
559 Posts
try a local bodyshop / accident repair centre as they usually have to match almost every paint type etc....:hippy:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i also can confirm that halfords paint in a can IS [email protected]@T my qm1 i got from them is too light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
like rob and manno said try a spray shop supplier they can mix to match and some can put it in aerosol cans if thats what your after

1 - 12 of 12 Posts