Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would it be to geta decent paint job.. or how much did you pay to get one, and can you send a pic?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
you can pay anything from 1000 notes to 4000 for apaint job depends on colour choice and make, layers and design. decent one colur paint job? ie not a flip cp;ur or candy ...budget £1500 to 1750

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
If you want it done properly i.e all the original paint removed, everything striped off and resprayed you're lookin at about £3k - that was the quote I had when I took my car in for a de-rusting/underseal last month.

The chap said a lot of places just paint over the existing paint which eventually fades or starts to flake off. Dont know how much truth to that, he might of just wanted more money from me :D

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
the other issue is whethr or not you want the geine bay redone which would mean the engine out, with added costs

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
the other issue is whethr or not you want the geine bay redone which would mean the engine out, with added costs
Another way around this which I heard at the weekend, was to disconnect the ancillaries and wrap up the engine - then spray.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Another way around this which I heard at the weekend, was to disconnect the ancillaries and wrap up the engine - then spray.
nice idea! i'll remember that burt seeing as im swapping my engine anyhow its a moot point ....i'll get the eold engine out ...respray the car ..(not personally of course) and refit the new engine .....in that order ....then get wheels done and hey presto ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts