Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good place to get paint? I'm looking for 400ml aerosols in QM1 white, been quoted £26 for 2 cans. is this good? sounded expensive to me...

cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
can get 400 ml aerosols in yeovil for £10 each. if you need them i'm down to exeter on saturday so drop me a line ok.

·
Registered
337 Posts
have you tried Brown Brothers..

there in marsh barton, exeter and will do you a great price. ive used them for previous projects and the colour match is always spot on, they just need your colour code.

have used Halfords in the past on my gto for a bright red as the cans were pretty cheap, they had the code and the colour match was way off so id avoid them.

lee

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks sarge, think i'll give brown brothers a go. I did find a place up near liverpool doing aerosols for 6.99, but somewhere local would be better so i can shout at them if it doesn't match :D a bodyshop said I won't get the coverage with aerosols though (i'm doing a whole bumper), any opinions on this?

cheers guys :cheers:

paul

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Halfords mix paint beleive it or not ..

just go to anywhere that mixes paint with your paint code and they'll make you a spray , average cost £15.00

bumper will need proper paint job £150.00 max should cover that job

i worked for Brown brothers in 1988 -9 god that name is a blast from the past

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks blitz, i heard halfords mix paint but it's pretty thin and crappy?

I got quoted £150+VAT for spray of my front bumper by a local bodyshop, seemed pretty reasonable but I've been watching a lot of Discovery Turbo recently and it's made me want to have a go myself :-/ I've just started off my new rear bumper so I'll see how I get on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts