Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after painting a few bits, never done these before so what sort of paint is a good idea fo interior spraying. centre console to be precise. am i right in thinking laquar is needed? ive seen a few people who have done this and wondered what paint to go for

also, im thinking of painting the mesh on my hks induction kit, it looks tatty at mo, and i think a little trick thing would be to paint it. would i be able to use normal spray paint, as carnt see it making a diffrence to anything?

cheers

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
For the interior bits, you'll need to use plastic primer so you don't get a bad reaction.
I don't know if it'd be a good idea to paint the filter. Since they're designed to let air in and filter out larger particles, there's a chance the paint may clog up the filter once it's dry.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
For our grille mesh I used enamel paint and for our dashboards I used rattle cans from Homebase with superclear lacquer finish. Worked absolutely fine, look for Mrs B's project thread to see the results ;) I never used primer, just scratched the rubber off underneath.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know if it'd be a good idea to paint the filter. Since they're designed to let air in and filter out larger particles, there's a chance the paint may clog up the filter once it's dry.
was thinking because its just the metal mesh around the foam, it wouldn do that. but it may i suppose, and i suppose it could flake aswell

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Sell the HKS one on ebay and buy an Apexi. Looks better, sounds better, works better.
When i did this i got more for the HKS than i paid for a new Apexi :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts