Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this (I'm sure the answer to that is yes! :) )? Got any pics? Any advice?

I'm thinking of spraying mine just to tidy it up a little bit, but to be honest I don't know whats the best colour to go for? I've got a completely Black leather interior in a white car :confused:

Does anybody have any bright idea's?

How do you think it would look if I just sprayed the panel with laquer? To give it a clear overcoat but keep the original black plastic colour?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I did mine (have a look at the link on my sig)

Well, i kinda got mine done TBH. Stripped the rubber stuff of it first (PAIN IN THE A55) and then took it to a professional who painted them and charged me £60 all in, which i suppose it is okay as i don't know how much i would have had to fork out in materials to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Mine is white and the wife's is pink :D

I'll try and throw up a decent how-to in a bit :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
i did mine in 2k gloss black and it looked 100% better brought i bang up to date

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x68/sirbinatone/S8300974.jpg

first i removed the rubber stuff by sanding it using an orbital with 180 grit then 320 then you have to wash it of with antistatic solvent then prime with plasticote primer. you can add flexi agent to the gloss but i didnt have any.
then apply the gloss. job done fit back in the car trying not to scratch it..

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Mine is white and the wife's is pink :D
we're talkin dashboards here chris:rofl:

here's a pic of mine i did it silver first but i was driving and the sun hit it and blinded me so i changed it for LBM141 Steel Grey

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
I've seen one painted black and it looked really really good :D

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Just did mine yeasterday and it looks fine. Sorry about the sun washed pix but its lovely outside this morning:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i saw deangtsts yesterday and it was a purpley color... Looked fantastic and really suited the white car..... hmmmm.

I was going to spray mine black but after seeing how nice his dash looked it got me thinking... :D im not a copycat, honest :D lol

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
I did mine in Matt black, it was silver when i got the car.

dead easy to do, MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETELY CLEAN THE SURFACES !!

then i sprayed 8 very light coats on to build up the finish, each coat was very lightly sanded between coats, looks 100% better, and its hardwearing too, i've had the dash on and off whilst fitting my NOS gauge and electrics and its held up well, no scratches at all.

cheers

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts