Skyline Owners Forum banner

Painting dash. Which paint?

1K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  colinspooky 
#1 ·
I might start to paint my dash tomorrow as ive nothing else to do and sitting at this computer all day is frying my brain. But what type of paint do i need? Is the stuff from Halfrauds ok and what primer do i need? Plastic primer or will ordinary primer do? Thanks

Dave

#4 ·
the stuff from halfrauds is fine! I've resprayed mine 3 times now and not had any problems so long as you sand back the gunky top layer thats there now, take your time and it will be fine :D

I've gone back to black now as i had it pillarbox red and then gold... thank god i've grown up :eek:

#9 ·
I ve just bought the paint to do mine and i'm going to use the Plasticote stuff which most places sell.

I'm using the matt balck primer to get an idea of how matt black will look or may go satin black , but no bling!!:)

#12 ·
No need for me to paint it now. General Banter had a white dash on a black car so we did a swap last night, im very pleased but my girlfriend says it looks rubbish probably because the General and me were chatting out in the street til late and she got the hump.

#13 ·
davegtst said:
No need for me to paint it now. General Banter had a white dash on a black car so we did a swap last night, im very pleased but my girlfriend says it looks rubbish probably because the General and me were chatting out in the street til late and she got the hump.

hope she brought you both out a cuppa!:dogpile:

#16 ·
I was told last night my car looks like something a 17 year old would drive as a first car and its a heap of **** and i drive like a twat. Oppps think i pissed her off a bit.:bash:

#18 ·
davegtst said:
I was told last night my car looks like something a 17 year old would drive as a first car and its a heap of **** and i drive like a twat. Oppps think i pissed her off a bit.:bash:
thats not on, the driving like a twat comment pfff whatever luv, but the heap of **** :shakehead: - tell her, her bum looks big in that ;)

#19 ·
You got off lightly, I haven't been spoken to since last night! In fairness though due to my chewing the fat with Dave, the wife had to drag herself out of bed and go pick her brother up from the airport. She got back about 0115hrs and gets up at 6 for work. I'm cooking tonight.......

#20 ·
No offence meant to all the lovely ladies on here but.............. It seems to be the standrad response from the female kind if they have little or no interest in one of Japans finest machines (that plus the Mitsubishi Zero that caught them sleeping yanks out at Pearl)

Andy

Do you have to put you foot down like that? :rofl:

What was the point in that!?!

Please slow down.............

#21 ·
nope !
have to disagree ! :dogpile:
my mrs loves skylines,cant wait for me to uprate it more ! :screwy:

off to check shes not a bloke in disguise ! :dogpile:
something not right there ,even works in the motor trade :screwy:

#22 ·
You have a rare one there Clive. Mine thinks spending any money on my car is a waste especially as it could be put to better use putting a ring on her finger. Strangly she doesn't think spending money on pink mats and pink fluffy dice is a waste:dunno: Shes now seen a fluffy thing that goes round the rear view mirror, doesn't make it go any faster just looks fluffy:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.