Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reet then... tomorrow's the day when I go and have a look at this Skyline...

What paper work/history should I be looking out for?

Excuse my ignorance, but never bought an imported car before...

Cheers,

Shils.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Some come with no history at all, others comes with everything. Not usually too much of an issue as most Japs look after their cars very well, so service history is not really an issue.

One thing you want if you can get it is some form of proof showing what was done to the speedo when it was imported. Some importers wind the speedos back to the equivalent reading in miles, some just convert the speedo so it carries on from where it left off, but now in miles.

Something else to look for - if the car has tuning mods other than the basic induction kit and exhaust, then it's very useful to get a list of Exactly what's been done to it, especially if you plan to tune it further.

Good luck

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
It might sound bloody obvious, but dont get carried away with the excitement of it all and buy the first one you see.
I have been guilty of this with other cars before :-(
There are loads for sale out there, so you can afford to be picky.
Good luck any way and I am sure you will be bitten buy the bug soon enuf.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Shils,

I would definitely agree with Buster there. Though skylines are pretty solid and dependable cars, there are some that have been modified badly. Try and drive a few before you spend any money so you get a good idea of what a good one will feel like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All done over this weekend, and I've put a deposit down - pick my baby up Saturday morning :eek:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
93 GTS 2.5 Turbo - very VERY standard - it basically hasn't been touched. And oh my God! How immaculate??? I haven't seen a car of 10 years looks so good... it is mint! Kenwood ICE, all the normal electrical bits etc etc etc... AND I managed to get £700 off and a free CAT1 alarm fitted... :)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Nice to get an unmolested one, leaves you plenty of scope to spend your money how you want to modding it.
£700 should get you an exhaust and induction kit, or a set of alloys.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Oh dear, started looking for bits already...

Well done

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know - I'm a nightmare where it comes to bits lol I've owned a few Minis in my time (I gotta sell me Race Mini for this :( !!) and I'm just the same with those...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts