Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not sure how to deal with this, but mod's will hopefully advise..

I have a smart little parts program for the R33 created as a word doc, (believe it or not) so that anyone can access and use the full functionality. There are controls at bottom left & bottom right, which can interchange functions, so watch for new options appearing for example top right when you select the righthand control link at bottom right of page.

You will see some simple controls around the window frame for accessing & viewing Skyline parts in a simplistic layout. I've had this for a long time, around 3 years, but lost the CD so just posting!

I need to know how best to make it accessible to the forum, it's 1.54 MB so cannot upload it. I can if necessary get it uploaded to a server so that it can be downloaded, but I'd rather that was done once to the forum server and then accessed from there if possible?

Advice please mod's...

Aitch

Aitch

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
aitch i reckon best bet is pm one of the IT techy mods direct .....sound like a good thing to me ..hope it gets sorted.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
contact General banter or street machine they should be able to sort somthing out

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just found and added it to the Downloads & Uploads section, but of course nothings going to happen until mods's have a peek to make sure it's not malignant or unsuitable, it's currently sat I'm told by the upload section prompts in a place called Purgatory..

If this works out OK I'll do the same with the workshop manual for R33 series as well, as when I found the parts program disc they were together!

I am just compiling a set of the Fast program modules as well, trying to get everything sorted before i sell up and move to Spain.

I know someone just posted a link to the Fast Parts bits but it's not quite that straight forward. My son originally disected the program for me a few years ago and posted those modules on the Oz forum, along with the how to use instructions, but they were a bit basic and I now intend to have expand on them. For example if you do as suggested in the recent post, and download the modules from the site now offering the download, there will be some small problems, as not all of the modules perform properly when combined, but there a few twists I shall explain later. Those original stripped out modules with strap and setup routine have been around the world a few times since then, and I still can't drive it like my son can no matter how many times he shows me how. hopefully at least the setup and initail use will be easier when I take the next step.

Aitch

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cannot see a way to send it to your email box via the forum, I can't see a way to attach anything!

Aitch

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
does the R33 workshop manual cover the whole car or just the engine(s) ?
already have the 491 pages thick engine manual and fast program
impressive having converted fast into a word doc :eek:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Manual CD is the one and only, basically an engine repair manual, whereas the Fast program when used correctly can show how to dissemble or reassemble everything on the Skyline.

The little parts program is different to the fast program, it's ideal for the uninitiated to locate and identify parts based on readily understandable diagrams etc., ideal for planning those little jobs when you don't know what's under the top bit. The exploded diagrams therefore serve two purposes, a degree of useable parts ID but a lot of how it goes and where goes stuff. It also has a complete working index and search facility to mention just a few very useful features.

Aitch

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on mod's, give me some encouragement or I'll have to assume I'm wasting my time..

Aitch

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i for one would like this mate as im looking to building my own na rb20de to put in future car ..so i'll need to cross ref part no's etc .....dont give up mate....im sure the mods will see it soon ...ill give em a nudge..

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess the team must be having a crisis somewhere, as no response to my request for advice on uploading the parts program / manual.

Rather than deprive owners by giving in when I know my time for input is limited, I will have it upload to one of my son's servers if possible and let you know.

Aitch

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Aitch I know nothing about all this kind of computer stuff, but will make it known to all the mods for you now :D

Oh btw very good idea!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
We have been having a busy time atm Aitch, I'll look at the options we have today. Pm me exactly what the problem is and what you'd like to happen and I'll see if we can't accommodate you.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
No problem guys n' gals, my son's stuck it up on one of his servers, links below, thanks to all for other offers received..he's also converted the word files to PDF for those who might prefer that format. I like the word format as it allows one to add to the package, it's possible to make your own notes and add other parts information to it as you go for example, as it's fully editable. Unfortunately the original site which hosted this went under, so it's not as useful as it was then because the links no longer work, but hopefully it will still be of value to some owners. I intended to keep adding parts info and even how to notes etc as I got hold of it, so evrything was in one place.

Word doc:
http://www.vaporised.com/files/nissan/Nissan.Skyline.R33.Parts.List.doc

Adobe PDF:
http://www.vaporised.com/files/nissan/Nissan.Skyline.R33.Parts.List.pdf

..and after all that I hope it's of use to someone.

As my son's set this up I thought I'd take advantage, so I'm considering adding other stuff, I have the Engine Service Manual on disc and the Nissan Fast Program, but I'm concerned about the legality as these are commercial servers for my son's business, he has 14 in Telehouse and several at redbus Intenet Data centre, I don't want to get him into lumber so any advice welcome.

Aitch

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
really useful mate, ive already had a gander at the gear shift linkage as mine is potentially in need of a service.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts