Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Well looks like my first post is a technical help question. Isn’t that always the way :(

My passenger door won’t unlock. G/f managed to slam the passenger door shut in the locked position and now I can’t unlock it. Tried via key, central locking, switch on drivers console & of course manually. The locking latch moves but the door isn’t opening. The locking motor makes a funny whine now (guess it’s stuck or not happy)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’ve only had the car on the road for 8 hours :swear:

DS

·
Registered
145 Posts
dont think thats possible the door card has 3 screws underneath it so you can tget to it unless the door is open..only way your going to get to it if you rip the doorcard off then buy another 1

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
note to self dont let girlfreind near car again! it sounds like something jamed somewhere. i dont supose you unlock it withthe key and someone push from the inside might budge something?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well finally got this sorted. Thanks for all the help. wire coat hanger and about 15mins job done, door open (mental note - order better alaram system)

Door card off, plastic seal off, CAN of wd40. Lock fixed. Think it was stiff as the car has been standing for a while. Nothing broken but the lock was very stiff before attack of the WD40....

All happy again...

DS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts