Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that some girl who was in the same year as me in high school (bare in mind i'm only 17) has somehow managed to get her own flat.

Not trying to be harsh but she was in the lower ability groups at school, plus she was pregnant at the same time and now has a 5 month old daughter.

I reckon she only had the baby to claim benefits, and here's me working my arse off and I don't think i'll be moving out in the next 10 years...

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Been there done the moaning, it annoys me, im now 29 never claimed a fukking penny worked hard since day 1 of leaving school and i see the same people living round the corner from me on benifits, claimed all there life, free house, nice cars, holidays twice a year 3 kids, sky tv bla bla bla. Winds me right up!!!!

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
Been there done the moaning, it annoys me, im now 29 never claimed a fukking penny worked hard since day 1 of leaving school and i see the same people living round the corner from me on benifits, claimed all there life, free house, nice cars, holidays twice a year 3 kids, sky tv bla bla bla. Winds me right up!!!!
Don't let it get you down.

Ultimately if you stick in at school and start down a good career path your standard of living will be much higher than theirs.

You'll own your house and will have a massive pot of cash beneath you if you ever decide to sell up later in life and change your lifestyle. They'll never have that.
Your holidays will be 4* hotels in nice resorts where you'll see some nice culture. They'll go to 3* all inclusives full of Brits in Majorca where they can sit in English pubs watching Corrie and eating a Sunday roast.
Your kids will grow up on a diet of quality food. Theirs will grow up on pizzas and pot noodles.
Your kids will have guidance through life by you for decisions they want to make around education, work, travelling etc. Theirs won't.

I know people from school who've done as above and fallen into the benefits system and frankly they'll never get out. The lifestyle I have and what my future family will have is five times better than theirs and so I don't let it get to me. Forget them and move on!

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Although I understand your thread title, what about people like me who benefit the milk system?

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
:iagree:

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
But the question is why?? Is it because you try your harest not to work so you can sit at home and reap the benifits?? Or do you have a genuine reason?
Tilly, what exactly is it that you think I wrote back up there?

·
Registered
836 Posts
the house fire that killed 6 kids where the parents were arrested recently was them trying to push the benefits system into getting a bigger house, thats why they set fire to their own house with sad outcome of 6 deaths. They had been trying to get a bigger house for ages and had been turned down repeatedly. The same thing was tried by some parents in work with me and they had to be rescued from their bedroom by the fire service. funnily enough they used petrol aswell, and the husband went to prison for it and their child was (and will always) in care.
The father who is charged with killing 6 of his children was on Jeremy Kyle telling people how he was entitled to benefits because he had 17 children and how the state should keep him.
I've worked everyday since i was 15 and never thought about or even wanted to claim benefits yet the secondary pupils i work with already know and expect to claim their dla, mobility and carers allowance when in year 9. One family with 5 statemented children and both parents with learning disabilities were claiming nearly £4,000 a month. All the children had a huge flatscreen in their rooms, had new laptops every year, new i-phones every couple of months(because they broke, lost or sold them) had expensive designer clothes, had motorbikes and quads every year, and the father had a new people carrier every 6 months because he kept smashing it up because he didn't hava a liscence and was disqualified. Oh yeah and was prosecuted for pirateing DVD's.
i have two jobs just to try and get by, and normal everyday hardworking people struggle to pay bills and buy themselves nice things.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm 21 have a flat of my own through hard work didn't go to uni or any **** like that to find out half if not more of the girls in my year and below have all got pregnant and got flats.

This is not the worst of it is I found out one of them was unhappy with a flat so the council have given her a house! Wtf?

Rant over... Does annoy me though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts