Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Agree wholeheartedly! nothing gets me more angry than animal cruelty, if I ever catch anyone I will certainly do time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Agreed 1000 fold regarding animal cruelty , however thread title isn't very accurate ! I used to hunt animals will get back into hunting shortly .
I wouldn't dream of shooting anybodies pet ! I'm sure There are plenty of us on here that hunt and do so responsibly

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...contentious point there. Did the tosser who shot the cat get fed up with shooting grouse or pheasants? Probably not: it sounds more like he wanted to kill something and the pain and trauma were a 'bonus'

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmmm...contentious point there. Did the tosser who shot the cat get fed up with shooting grouse or pheasants? Probably not: it sounds more like he wanted to kill something and the pain and trauma were a 'bonus'

Totally ! So is that title , that s why I raised the point. The person that killed that kitten took pleasure in not only seeing the pain and trauma it was going through but realizing what impact it was going to have on its owner!

Having hunted for over 25 years on/off , 95% of hunters will do there best to ensure the animal is killed as quickly as possible with 1 clean shot, if that's not possible wouldn't take the shot !

If I started a thread now saying "people who drive fast Cars" and then for example use the case of the bloke in the us who killed 2 watching the street race . Everybody on here would defend the majority of fast car users .

Guess the point I'm trying to make is that it not a direct apples /apples comparrison

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I have edited the thread title for clarification, as there are plenty who hunt responsibly with never any intentions of hurting peoples pets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
People who are cruel to animals and gain enjoyment from this are total inhumane scumbags. Animals have rights just the same as us!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe I have misread the previous comments, but "dealing" with the person who shot your pet... Doesn't really make you any better than them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And who says car forums never hold philosophical debates?

Now we come to the generalised sanctity of life. Kitten versus scumbag, and those who might be willing to snuff out aforementioned scumbag to save future kittens..

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
going to go out on a limb here at the risk of annoying anyone but I think it needs said.

I personally would have no problem killing that individual in the same way he killed that cat.

For someone to be taken to court etc and tried through the legal system would mean they would have to be a human for that to happen. Scum like that are in my opinion not human in the slightest, so why be tried as a human.

Carry out inhumane acts then you should "reep the rewards" of suffering an equally inhumane trial/hearing :)

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
What the **** is wrong with people?
We've just started letting our 8 month old kitten out in to the big wide world and if anyone did this to him, I'd make it my mission to find them and end them!
Could even try and borrow a rifle from work and exact some just revenge.

·
Registered
185 Posts
going to go out on a limb here at the risk of annoying anyone but I think it needs said.

I personally would have no problem killing that individual in the same way he killed that cat.
I think that's fine, as long as you serve your time in prison for murder.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What would make me any different to that cretin that murdered the cat

I would serve time in prison for murder which I would deserve and 100% agree with but murdering peoples pets is fine and should go unpunished? To me there's no difference, he make the decision to murder a living thing, what gave him the right to make that decision. Murder is murder and should follow the old saying "an eye for an eye" if you ask me!

·
Registered
185 Posts
What would make me any different to that cretin that murdered the cat

I would serve time in prison for murder which I would deserve and 100% agree with but murdering peoples pets is fine and should go unpunished? To me there's no difference, he make the decision to murder a living thing, what gave him the right to make that decision. Murder is murder and should follow the old saying "an eye for an eye" if you ask me!
I don't think I ever said that the person should go unpunished. but you are right, you would be no different from that person. Except for the fact he would be dead so wouldn't have the capability to care about anything, and you would be facing hard time. Unless we all followed the "old saying" and eventually the whole population would be wiped out, one murder after another.... All because a cat got killed.

Fortunately for me this is a debate not worth fighting. As we don't believe in capital punishment... So I have already won :bounce: :hippy:

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
This happened down near Ringwood where my girlfriend lives over xmas.

2 cats were shot with an air rifle and one of them died..

Again the cats belonged to a young girl and it ruined her Christmas.. Purrfect pets offered a reward for information but not sure if they ever caught them.

We have a short black haired cat aged 2 and I would be gutted if the same happened to her.

I can't understand why any coward would think its big and clever to cause such harm and distress to someone's pet. awful..

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This person clearly has some deep seated issues although you usually find people that like to harm animals are cowards when it comes to confrontation with other people.

That being said, I'd happily hold his head underwater or anyone that purposefully harmed an animal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts