Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....
Well I'm the person, clever/mad/stupid that has brought the GTS HR33 skyline that was on ebay a few days ago!
Actually all seems to be going well.....so far!
What I would appreciate some help on is SVA stuff, I've spoken to my local office, and they are very helpfull, but I'd like more specific info on a couple of things, and I guess it's the sort of stuff you might know?
1. The speedo, I know I can lettra-set it, and get away with it( previous car like this!) but I'd like a proper converter, for the cable or electronic sensor (I don't know what is fitted) and then just put a MPH sticker over the KPH decal.
2. Is there a place where I can get a restrictor ring for the fuel filler to allow only the unleaded pump nosel to fit, yes I can fabricate one, just would be nice for an off the shelf soulution.
3. Any other advice at all appreciated.
Many thanks in advance, Andy.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Have a word with Richard Bell or Damo on this forum as they are getting a GTS ready for SVA at this present moment!!

good luck and welcome by the way!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try import solutions (01934) 417222, as well... ask for chris... they have supplied me with a few bits in the past.. they're based weston-supermare way.

They sell all thing youll need for speedos, fuel necks, fog lamps, switches and the likes!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Andy,

Get an electronic convertor - as well as changing the speedo to read in mph it will also remove the speed limiter - well actually it won't be it'll now be at 180mph, not 180kph (112 mph).

Niteskyr has imported a couple of skylines so could probably tell you where to get them.

Good luck

Gary

·
Registered
469 Posts
Andy,

I've just been speaking to Stuart at Seaford Car Imports - he'd be happy to sell you an electronic convertor. Best number to use is his mobile ...

Tel Office 01323 891625
Mobile 07970 698566
Fax 01323 873559
E Mail [email protected]

Gary

·
Registered
334 Posts
andy

Euro-spec 2000 ltd
Thats where i get all my parts from, they will sell all bits needed for the sva. It is mail order, or if you live in the surrey area you can collect.

There contact details are:
TEL 01276 670628
FAX 01276 670638
E-MAIL [email protected]
WEB SITE euro-spec2000.co.uk

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my personal import

Hello all...
Thanks for the quick replies, rung a couple of companies, all seems good!
Don't get me wrong after my destroyed smart (rolled 3 times, write 100 lines, must drive slower in the wet) even a 2 litre skyline will be fast.....
But I'm not looking for speed, I ride a thunderace with 141bhp at rear hoop!.. Just fancied a bit of exotia, and boy does this one look good, I belive it has the front bumper and rear spoiler of the fast ones, I brought it to fit a BIG sound system into, used to do the cruise in the early 90's, even took centre stage from 'ice man' in the impromptu lay-by sound off's, ( doe's anyone remember the guy who was fetured in the SUN having spent about 6 grand on a big system? in a scorpio Granada, now he was upset...) but lost interest, now back with a desire to get those top SPL prizes....
So not ever going to do the best speed times, but I think you'll hear me comming!!!!!!!
Anyone fitted 18's in the boot? speakers, not rims!!
Thanks again,
Andy.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Have you seen the size of the boot on a Sky ?
Not too big is it ?
Woke up the salesman when I took my shotgun with me to check it fitted. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts