Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when fitting my glow dials we noticed that I have a bulb behind a petrol light on the dash.. thing is its never come on when the fuel tank is low.. does it come on when empty? or when you hit the reserve part of the tank?
the bulb didn't look blown.. was wondering if was a optional extra that i don't have lol saying this tho my boyfriends S14 silvia doesn't have a fuel light that lights up on the dash either, anyone else with a 1995 type M have a petrol light that works or not lol

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
mine does come on when ultra low, only had this happen twice with me on long trips down south dodging the banjo strummers, but as for when i am not sure i got an extra 20 miles out of it until i found a station. I think this has been asked and answered before so give it a search and u may find your answer

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow looks like its got to be real low like running on fumes for it to come on, thats not good it should come on when you hit the reserve bit

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
The fuel light is progressive as opposed to simply on/off, past a certain point it will come on faint and get brighter and brighter as the tank empties. I very first saw mine when it was pitch black, I doubt you'll have much chance of seeing it during the day :)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
yeap as above comes on below the empty line on mine and a mates although i once drove around with it on for a few days put a tenner in it and the light didnt go out so i think theres quite a bit in there but it depends on the position of the sensor if it high your have more then if its set low

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
i have no idea if mine works as the gauge flashes when it gets to 10% lol. It use to light up when very low when the original clock were fitted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts