Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my handbook the other day from http://www.car-handbooks.com/ and I noticed while reading it that there is actually a low petrol warning light on my car. I have run it so the needle is under the "E" line and it still only took 54 litres, the tank is 65 I think..

Due to the complete lack of usefully positioned SUL/Optimax dealers in my area, I have to be careful and plan journeys ahead to make sure I pass one...

So has anyone actually seen this light? Does it actually exist? I am a bit loath to run it any lower as at 20-22mpg I might run out! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Skip :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen the light - make damn sure you are on your way to the petrol station when this happens!!:D :D

Nah seriously if you are doing 'normal' driving it isn't so bad but if you give it some welly you WILL feel the car shudder. :confused:

E

·
0 Posts
I always wondered if there was such a thing. It must come on & be like "right heres your warning........................too late"

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I remember mine came on just under empty on my way home as I turned into the drive. When I started the car to go for petrol it didn't come on again. :confused:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would you believe that the light actually came on today! I was sitting in the queue at Esso waiting for some muppet to get his german tank out of the way when I looked down and there it was! As I moved forward it went out and then it took less petrol than the last time I filled up!! Anyhoo, I have seen it now!! :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I hardly noticed it because it was so dim, so that makes sense! Dont think I will be waiting for it to come on any brighter though!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
never seen mine, not sure im brave enough to find out if it works :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has come on a few times and you would be surprised how far you can go before you actually run out.
I got caught short in France last year and did at least 40 miles with the light on before we finally found fuel.

Jez

1 - 12 of 12 Posts