Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me : once the Fuel Needle/Gauge hits 'empty' how much reserve does an R33 GTS 2L have left in its tank.../how many miles is it good for after the gauge reads empty ?? - Martin.

·
Seasoned ECR33 Owner
698 Posts
you can work it out by running it as low as you dare then filling it up, what you put in taken away from the full tank size is roughly whats left
i think of my last 1/4 as empty i dont like running it down to minimum all the time

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
I would try to avoid lettin it get that low. You will start to pick up the bits from the bottom of the tank. Personally I always fill it up when it gets to around a quarter.

Its difficult to say how many miles would be left as it depends on your driving style and if the car is cold or hot.

At a guess I would say around 10-15 miles maybe a little more.

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
just dont let it run low

mine has never had less than quarter tank since iv owned it

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
If I remember right, when the fuel light comes on you really need to get to a petrol station. Most cars have the light come on when you have 30 miles or so, but not the Skyline! I thought the fuel light on my old R33 was broken as it only came on once in a couple of years, but it turns out the tank needs to be practically bone dry for it to light up.

But as has been said, don't let it get that low and fill up when you're on a quarter :)

·
Seasoned ECR33 Owner
698 Posts
4 skylines and not once seen the mythical light pmsl
i thought the same when i read Timmys post most ive ever managed to squeeze in the tank was 62l by my calcs that left 3l in the tank and i never saw a light ( didnt think there was one tbh)
i was curious same as you i wanted to know how accurate the gauge was, on mine ( all cars will be a bit different) when the needle is on empty it is empty :dogpile:

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
I've had 30 miles on the light in my r33 gtst in the past, but you shouldn't really let it go that low as been said.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
i thought the same when i read Timmys post most ive ever managed to squeeze in the tank was 62l by my calcs that left 3l in the tank and i never saw a light ( didnt think there was one tbh)
i was curious same as you i wanted to know how accurate the gauge was, on mine ( all cars will be a bit different) when the needle is on empty it is empty :dogpile:
It does work I swear!
I've seen it with my own 2 eyes! :rofl:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would try to avoid lettin it get that low. You will start to pick up the bits from the bottom of the tank.
How does this work, the pump is at the bottom of the tank so it would pick up dirt no matter what, unless the dirt is floating at the top of the fuel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How does this work, the pump is at the bottom of the tank so it would pick up dirt no matter what, unless the dirt is floating at the top of the fuel.
The crap/dirt will always fall to the bottom of the tank, when you run it that low it gets sucked up, or worst case the pump just dies

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
On a plastic tank you don't get crap floating about unlike metal tanks

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
It won't get through the sock/strainer anyway. When I swapped my pump over I mopped up what petrol was left in it (was more like treacle as it had sat empty for 1yr+) and I also found the bits of an old hose clip.

I seem to remember putting about a gallon in it from bone dry and the light was on. As my gauge was broken at the time I would run it till the light came on and I knew I had probably 20 miles left to be safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts