Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right i have got a photo sesh booked with a photographer in ten days time he knows what shots he wants and he has asked me if i have a perticuler (<spelling) angles i would like some shots of the skyline from?:uhoh:

now i have'nt a clue when it comes to this sort of thing and i know there are a few budding photographers on here, so what are the best angles to take picys of the skyline bearing in mind i have chosen night time in an underground car park first then to our local fishermans quay under some halogen lighing

any help and even pics will be greatfully received:notworthy

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
sorry for the hijack but can someone help me out with a bit of photoshopping please :) sorry once again

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no probs bod the more the merrier

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
:):)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
As far as car angles go, I always like the shots of a car moving taken from another car (safely by a passenger of course). Gives a nice sense of movement i think :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts

Tilting the camera really works well with taking photographs of cars.... Heres mine on the 2nd day of ownership.. on a camera phone

If youve got a camera phone get on your knees, stand on a wall and even lie flat to get an idea of what pictures you will like and want... try different corners off your car as in pic, tilt and take straight... Once taken you will know what your after :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
To be honest Fella, it's due to Light and area. they pretty much rule what the best angle is for a shot. Such as daylight pics you have to work around the sun and the reflections from the car and the background.

For instance these.

There is a few to help you decide what you want, Unfortunately I don't have any in car park pics as i just can't get the bloody car in them LOL

Usually the Best guide is make what you are taking a picture of a third of the shot, Make use of the surroundings, usually have the sun behind you, don't get in the reflections and try different angles for greater presence in pictures. I am no where near a proper photographer but these rules will get you some half decent shots.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
some great pics there mate.. Love the sand pit one...

Yea, light would help if you get much of it, lol... :) ( yes, i did read it - meant in general )

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Yeah that is my fave at the moment, always wanted to get the rear lights in :D

Next up is moving shots for me and thats a little more tricky LOL

It's easy enough getting pics of mates cars but getting your own and the blurred effect of speed means making up some kind of arm to hold the camera. but they will come eventually when I get round to it :D

Loving that Last pic there fella, Only thing that would annoy me is that street light LOL Oh well will just have to learn how to use photoshop I guess !!!

BEST SHOT OF THE LOT ;)

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the advise people theres some great shots in that lot and plenty for me to mull over, i really like the low down picys

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Some really good pics here. Given me some inspirations to try and take some decent ones at some point :)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts

Only two but what ive always wanted to do is take a photo of my cars while the euro star comes by bit hard to explain but i bet it would look wicked.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats some awesome photos chaps now i have to many ideas..lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts