Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After placing a thread up asking who are photographers or who are into it ive noticed there is actually alot of members interested in this. The thread and the sheer amount of entries within the photography competition section shows this very well.

my suggestion is to create a subforum/section were us keen photographers (no matter what level of experince) can give hints/tips/reviews/software guides/how to's etc etc on camera gear and it would be a nice section for members to post up a picture they have taken and then ask what could be done better.

a couple of forums im on have such a sub forum implamented and it works VERY well.
prime example
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

each month alot of the threads are removed so it keeps it down to only one full page of threads this way not alot of server space is taken up either :)

whats everyones thoughts on this?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I think this would be a great addition.. Better than the 18+ section

Would love to see what people have taken :D And gain experience and knowledge at the same time...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I quite like this idea - as mentioned above this does work pretty well on other forums.

People always want to see photo's of shows and meets - a photography section where we could all share hints and tips might give people more idea's and inspiration to try new things as well as possibly learning a few things along the way.

We have got a photography competition section in The Lounge - maybe that could be adapted so that it's more general, with competitions being made into "stickies"?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Liking that idea, Random pictures of the moment or the day.

pictures can be amazing of any sort of subject matter !

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would be happy to see this as photography has been one of my main interests , would love to give and recieve tips etc.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep as you have all said above its an addition that will work wonders for those wanting ot take up photography. Who out there really wants to see or take a bad photo of there pride and joy? with the correct guidance,advice everyone will be able to take stunning photos at some point.

there is so much involved with photography from

pre-processing
compesistion
equipment
lighting

the sub section does not have to be just all car related could be

Landscape
Portrait
Macro (close up pics)
Artistic
Weather
Wildlife
Nature in general
Night scenes (nightclubs,cities,skylights etc etc)

:)

·
I don't do twisties!!
1,541 Posts
This would be a superb addition to the forum in my opinion :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Definitely a good idea. Would be very interested in hints/tips especially on composition and processing/photoshopping. Come on mods, make it happen!

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news guys keith has got back in touch with me and its a green light :) A sub section will be made tonight sometime.

wahoooo :)

remember guys since this is to be done PLEASE make sure to use it not syaing you wont but its would be a waste not to.

thank you for supporting the idea.

Regards & best wishes

Martin

·
I don't do twisties!!
1,541 Posts
Well pleased this has been agreed :D Top work everyone :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts