Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm still new to the site so got nothing to prove my worth and currently without a car, let alone a skyline.

However, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Darren, i'm a resident in sunny old Bexleyheath (about 20 mins west of Dartford, just off the A2), i'm 26, an IT Tech for the architects that designed the London Eye.

My gf is an aspiring photographer and while still an amateur she has managed to get her work published for an online gift company, in the local newspaper and has been asked on a couple of occasions to get some free lance shots for my company.

Basically i'm just putting feelers out to see if anyone would like some rather nice shots of their cars taken, all free of charge as long as you provide the travel.

I can list off some places that might make for good back drops locally or you could come collect us and go to a point of your location.

As stated, we're still amateurs so dont be expecting masterpieces and thus for now i'm offereing it all free of charge, but with that said in my opinion we could offer some rather nice pieces along with some minor retouching in photoshop for added effects etc.

Before i go giving out examples of her work i'll need to ask her permission first cos she'll kill me if i do it without asking so expect an update later but please express any interest... if you're interested :)

Cheers,

Darren

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Hey there, keep me posted on what you guys would like to do. I am the area rep for Kent and would be more than happy to help out. I also do a bit of amateur photography myself and could help out with arranging some good cars in some good locations for you. I have attached a pic of Bella (my car). You are quite welcomed to use her for a shoot. I know a few members who will be willing to do the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have spoken with my better half and she likes the idea, all be it a little nervous of meeting strange new people and posing as a photographer.

We'll collect a few 'top shots' to show what level of photography we can come up with along with ideas for shoot locations. Will have to be public domain for now as i dont have the time nor inclination to start asking private property owners access for backdrops etc. Though should anything come of this and fees be introduced I'd be more than willing to look into it.

There are plenty of car parks and the possibility of some quick shots in Danson Park as long as we're not blocking access for too long i cant see many people complaining there. Or, as said, if you could round up 3 or 4 people and come up with a good location as long as we can hitch a ride with someone we'd be happy to tag along and take photos.

Any and all ideas welcome as this is just an idea in its infancy and we're willing to work and adapt where necessary.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey mate, same as sash keep me informed, would be inerested, im only round the corner from you as well mate, so no worries on travelling lol.

·
5,050 Posts
Have spoken with my better half and she likes the idea, all be it a little nervous of meeting strange new people and posing as a photographer.

We'll collect a few 'top shots' to show what level of photography we can come up with along with ideas for shoot locations. Will have to be public domain for now as i dont have the time nor inclination to start asking private property owners access for backdrops etc. Though should anything come of this and fees be introduced I'd be more than willing to look into it.

There are plenty of car parks and the possibility of some quick shots in Danson Park as long as we're not blocking access for too long i cant see many people complaining there. Or, as said, if you could round up 3 or 4 people and come up with a good location as long as we can hitch a ride with someone we'd be happy to tag along and take photos.

Any and all ideas welcome as this is just an idea in its infancy and we're willing to work and adapt where necessary.

dont be nervous bud we never carry any shovels or ropes with us on a sunday its a day of prayer

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, here's a few shots of the kinda level of photos we can do, unfortunately i've got no car examples, what with not owning one yet :(

I'd be interested on tagging along with the south eastern meet at the end of the month should anyone close to Bexleyheath be going and wouldnt mind an extra passenger.

Also, if it's cool with the area reps i'd like to add some more incentive to this.

We'll take all the photos and send out original size and resolution images to the car owners as well as putting up more appropriately sized images on here, but i'd like to perhaps (with member permission) run a quick poll and the winner of best photo will get a prize.

Working for MBA i get ample free tickets for the London Eye, so the winner of the poll will receive 4 Free London Eye tickets.

So... who wants to come pick me up? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
could be an idea mate, as i say only 5 mins away from ya. but would just be you mate no one else, and sorry to be harsh, and dont take this the wrong way, if it seems dodgy when i get there i wont pick you up lol. sorry if that sounds rude its not meant to be. just cautious lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Completely understand, though if anything i'd be the cautious one, i'm like 5'8" 8.5stone IT guy... aint a threat to know... talk closer to the time or if anyone else has any ideas.

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
I live in Crayford so not far from you guys i'd be up for some photos.. my boyfriend has a S14a Silvia all kitted up be good to get some pics of mine and his car together :bigthumb:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well as i've said a few times, if anyone was willing to give us a ride to the meet we'd be glad to take as many pictures as we can there. And if anyone wants some individual stuff done just get in touch, we're free most weekends (lack of money is stopping us from doing anything interesting what so ever so we're home pretty much all the bloody time :)

·
Tigers eat tyres
834 Posts
Im only round the corner in Bromley (played football in Bexleyheath last night. Id be happy to give you and your girlfriend a lift to meets when i go. Unfortunately im skint at the moment too so its a no go till at least next month.

Did you photoshop those images?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only 2 images that were photoshopped there is the fox and the black and white one of the flower on a bench. even then its not really been shopped that much, just some vignetting and a small adjustment on the colour balancing. Can photoshop things much more though.

Check out some of the images on her flickr profile HERE

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i'm off work from thursday (2nd April) til tuesday (14th April)

Other than a house warming this weekend in Bromely i've nothing planned at all for that time so if anyone wants to organise something with me shoot a PM or whatever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts