Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after putting all my new toys in today...

apexi ecu
z32
740 injectors
sard boost controller...

now the car barely starts and runs like a back of poo!
and because i did all the add on's in one go, i cant even start to think which one has caused the problem!

today is a bad day!:Uzi:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the new toys came off the same car that had the ecu on so already had them all mapped to each other! only difference is my turbo size!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
what turbo was it mapped for and what turbo are you running?

no leaks from the injectors? also is the wiring for maf all ok?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its mapped for a rsp hybrid i believe before, mines standard (for now)
and i copied a guide online for the Z32 wiring but i may be wrong if someone could give me a link for one on here?

thanks

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
left to right on the Z32- 6 pins

ABCDEF

Forget A, forget F

Pin B- to Blue Orange wire on your loom

Pins C & D- join together and mate to White Blue wire on your loom

Pin E- join to Black White wire on your loom

:)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
left to right on the Z32- 6 pins

ABCDEF

Forget A, forget F

Pin B- to Blue Orange wire on your loom

Pins C & D- join together and mate to White Blue wire on your loom

Pin E- join to Black White wire on your loom

:)
thank you mate, but my original plug has 4 wires?

how would i do that one? i have the datalogit for the apexi ecu might go and look and see if anything obvious is wrong!

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
ive got the same pal ive got an apexi fc, 555 injectors and a z32 AND ive not fitted them as the apexi has a map on it for that cat it was fitted to HENCE why im going to mgt to get them fitted and mapped by the tuner NEVER fit new toys with out remotly thinking it needs a map at the end...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so it appears i have been a bit nieve here! :( with the datalogit it there no way i can set a "base map" through my laptop to get it up to the tuners? i dont fancy gettin those injectors out tbh! lol

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
ok, so it appears i have been a bit nieve here! :( with the datalogit it there no way i can set a "base map" through my laptop to get it up to the tuners? i dont fancy gettin those injectors out tbh! lol
you can change the settings but if you know nothing of it dont bother

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i fitted my turbo on standard stuff but had a hell of a slow long drive to rsp at no more than 3000rpm and when down there fitted z32 injectors and got it mapped

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If all the parts came off the same car and are matched then it should run well enough to get it to a tuners ( off Boost) for a remap. To me it sounds like at least 1 leaky injector o ring. They can be a pain in the ass at the best. If you didn't fit new o rings problems are even more likely. Best way to check. Remove fuel rail but keep hoses connected, unplug the injectors and then turn on ignition so you can hear pump prime but don't turn engine over. Look at the ends of the injectors where they poke out of the fuel rail and see if you can see any fuel dribbling out.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok bud, will have a look in the morning! i have just built a trailer so will prob end up draggin up to RSP and get them to get it spot on! rather not risk it as i just spent a fair few quid on it! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts