Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday I picked my Skyline GTS from Liverpool docks, been waiting since August as it went on the ship late!

[/IMG]

The spec list seems to be (im not sure of it all but ...)

HKS boost computer
Greddy E-Manage
Air Filter
Trust FMIC
Turbo Timer
17 inch wheels
Big fat exhaust
Larger top mounted trust/greddy turbo (not sure what type!)

It may have upgraded AFM and injectors but I'm not sure how to check?

Boost computer has low boost mode which is 0.6KG/cm boost and high boost which is 1.2KG/cm.

I tried it in 3rd gear at 0.95KG/cm and it was quite frightening. 2nd gear just lit up the back wheels, although it was ever so slightly damp.

Can wait to get the stupid MOT and reg plates out of the way!!!

Laters!

BodleyT.

:D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Looks very smart. Love those wheels on it. Is that you looking cute and grinning in the top picture?

As winter is coming up make sure you get some decent tyres on her so you are not sliding about all over. :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Looks like its gonna be a fun car to drive.

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what the alloy make is, I'll have another look when its like. I think they just said "sport" on them or something.

anyone know what that turbo will run at 17psi?
if its standard AFM its limited to about 330bhp isnt it.

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats the thing i dont know whether it is stock or not... so i only ran it at .95 bar when I floored it.

Dont know much about it whether its got injectors or a map sensor or what!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If it is the TD06 turbo kit? it is capable of 550bhp with all supporting mods. Be careful with it until you find out what the car has had done. minimum you will need is a steel head gasket, uprated fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulater, front mount intercooler, boost pressure regulator, mappable ECU, recomend oil cooler. The kit should already have the stainless steel exhaust manifold all in one turbo elbow & down pipe, gate valve & all the hardpipes we can see in the photo & the turbo. look on the turbo for a blue plate, it will tell you what it is on there. If the engine is in good nick you could already be running 500bhp at 1.2 bar.

Oh yeh I forgot the injectors, take some more pictures of the engine bay from different angles so that we can see what on it. take close ups of the fuel rail & afm.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
wow thats a big turbo! first time i seen this kind of set up looks amazing 500bhp very powerfull how much was it?

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it is the TD06 turbo kit? it is capable of 550bhp with all supporting mods. Be careful with it until you find out what the car has had done. minimum you will need is a steel head gasket, uprated fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulater, front mount intercooler, boost pressure regulator, mappable ECU, recomend oil cooler. The kit should already have the stainless steel exhaust manifold all in one turbo elbow & down pipe, gate valve & all the hardpipes we can see in the photo & the turbo. look on the turbo for a blue plate, it will tell you what it is on there. If the engine is in good nick you could already be running 500bhp at 1.2 bar.

Oh yeh I forgot the injectors, take some more pictures of the engine bay from different angles so that we can see what on it. take close ups of the fuel rail & afm.
What I will do is take some close ups of the fuel rail.

I've run it at .95KG/cm of boost(is that 0.5 bar)? Ran it for a few seconds in 3rd, that was probably a bit naughty as I dont know if its all been set up properly. BUT it sounded sweet as ever - no det as far as I can tell.

Have you got any photos or videos of your car running td06? Have you done the 1/4 mile yet?

Cheers!

Bodley.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts