Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.

Just wondering if anyone has pics of the rear drag style spoiler fitted to an r33 as i'm due to fit one on mine and just wanna visualise how good the car is gonna look lol. Soooooooooooo sad.

the spoiler i mean is the one that makes a shallow swimming pool on the boot where it catches the rain lol. Think its an ep racing one.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
honestly i would not fit one of those. i had a flush bootlid fitted on my old car and with no spoiler it was dangerious in the wet!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I have mine for sale now. Gone back to a Spec II one. I didn't think it would make any difference but it did. Was definitely scarier.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i don't run much power though and only drive at 90 max in the wet on private roads

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But if more people say the same thing i'll definately consider keeping my standard phase 2 spoiler

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i went from the high level spec2 spoiler to nothing and now ive got an ep wing,imo theres no difference in handling wet or dry weather until you re going at very illegal speeds,the skyline wings dont give downforce,they minimise lift

also this isnt the drag wing,drag wings come out from the boot a lot further than these

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah sweet pic, same spoiler i want to fit.
lol i know its not a drag spoiler, just seemed the best way of describing it as when you say drift spoiler they think Big gay carbon wider than your car and taller than a double decker bus wing lol.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
you can make it so you dont get a pool in the bootlid,just run a drill bit flat against the corner and it makes a channel for water drain that you cant really see

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I love those style spoilers and would definately have that style if i was to change mine.

Greddy saurus don't seem to have any prob with traction in their 900bhp R33 (soon to be 1200bhp).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also i de-spoilered my s14a because it look sexy and i never found that unstable even when driving 160mph.
Then again i had a 2way so i couldn't exactly lift at that speed to test stabilty. Never had any issues with grip either expecially with drifting. There's plenty of other things that inprove sub 100mph grip. suspension, Tyres, rear diffusers and decent aero kits

·
Registered
359 Posts
im also running without a spoiler on a flush boot lid , & did marham track day last october & cant say i noticed anything (140 ish down the main straight )unless im not driving it properly ,
would i b right in thinking if not got a spoiler then a rear diffuser or even different style rear bumper would be necesary like the do luck 1 as i like the look of them

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im also running without a spoiler on a flush boot lid , & did marham track day last october & cant say i noticed anything (140 ish down the main straight )unless im not driving it properly ,
would i b right in thinking if not got a spoiler then a rear diffuser or even different style rear bumper would be necesary like the do luck 1 as i like the look of them

to be honest mate i don't suppose it would matter. I'd say 90 percent of bodykits/aero on themarket are there to look pretty not so much functional. There are gt kits out there like the ones srb have for s-bodys that have canards and rear diffusers but not seen any for skylines. Knight racer or someone on here does carbo rear diffusers for skylines i belive but you'd have to ask them if they are more for looks than function.

Manufacturers spend millions on research and development using wind tunnels and fancy stuff to design the bodys on ferrari's. porshe etc so that they grip and have the right amount of downforce. I personally would have thought if aero kits could do all that they would be a hell of alot more than they are and sure wouldn't bend and flex the way they do.

Al my oppinion though

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Well I drive quite sedately especially round bends and putting this on made the rear end feel very very light. Now mine was at the time an Auto which I always found to be less controlled on the twisties.

I bought it purely for the looks but was surprised how different it felt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts