Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha!!

Very polite and diplomatic way to put it tiggs!! I have much more bhp toys to buy first without worrying about the silly boot spoiler. Can you beleive that it actually came off the boat spoilerless and some twat down south decided to put this thing on instead of the original!!! I`m sure there must have been about a million options for spoilers, christ, even a trip to halfords wouldn`t have produced this air brake for the shuttle!! Never mind, i will eventually get round to replacing it with soemthing a lot less maxy p!! Like i said, BHP priorities first ;-)

jason

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used to have a spoiler like that on my old 200SX (Supra TT style) is it made by PSG? I think it looks cool, the R33 wheels suite it aswell.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Rear Tail

I think it looks fine and dandy, I think the paint finish is superb, bet you are happy with that. Like a mirror finish, saw your comments on the 'other' forum regarding Diamondbrite. Have invested in a similar paint sealant from the US. Beats a respray!.

Paul.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i agree with tigger,the cars excellent but the hoop i don't think it suits the car,lots of people with alfa's have them round here.but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!!

Cheers for the comments, pity i can`t find the original thread as this was the topic of conversation ie big rear spoilers or small.
Paul, watch what you buy as you may be getting some cheap alternative. The car was done by pro`s and they explained that first a cutting polish is put on and left for about 3 hrs, this isn`t polished off but another coat of some sort of other chemical that reacts with the first is then applied. Again this is left for about an hour (both coats together) before the polishing tools come out. All in they had the car from 9am til about 2 or 3 in the afternoon so be careful of any expensive copies that may be just another polish. Would hate to hear that you threw money down the drain buying something of a similar name on the advice given by me. If it comes in two seperate bottles then you must be on the right track!
jas

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Spoiler

Jason,
Thanks for your advice, I think you are correct regarding the sealant, If the professionals take 5-6 hours to put this stuff on, then you ain't going to get this in a bottle. Does this proceedure take out small marks in the paint work?.

Paul.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
sealent

Jason,
have you heard of Supagard, from all accounts the manufactures recommend this paint sealant. Nissan is one of them.

Paul.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Paul

i cannot make any reccomendations or suggestions to you Paul,as i didn`t buy the stuff or put it on. I just payed the company for the treatment. Also, regarding what kind of marks you have on your paintwork will be removed i just dont know. It isn`t a miracle cure or doesn`t make any claims about hiding scratches etc. I dont know if you have ever used t-cut on an old car but i would imagine it does much the same jobs as that and then wrap the car in tight cling film and you are getting closer to the concept of this treatment. I honestly dont think you can buy this stuff over the counter, more than likely companies can use it under license. Aslo, forgot, you get a treatment bottle that you add to your bucket of water when washing the car that again reacts and tops up the protection, again i haven`t seen this readily available in shops. I will try and get the valet company to tell me more about sourcing the stuff they used, you never know they might sell it on , if so i will get you a price etc.Drop me an e-mail paul as i have a picture of the car when it was just washed (not waxed) on a sunny day and then the pictures you have seen of the car after the treatment on a fairly dull day , if i remember correctly?? The difference is remarkable and for anyone that thinks waxing with autoglym etc would have yeilded the same results , think again, tried that before the first pictures were taken.

jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts