Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coffe isn't my cup of tea.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Im new on the forum here, im from sweden so have patience with my sometimes bad spelling in english!

Im going to change pistons and cranks in my car this coming winter, and im going to aim for 600+hp on the wheels. My question is which pistons and cranks would be good for this, i have found these ones, one the swedish Skyline forums people say that they are socalled "good ****", i suppose they mean that its cheap at the samt time good.

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/product.asp?ProdID=21734&CtgID=21733

Have someone ordered from CNC motorsports? Can i trust them fully?

And is there anything else i should change during the planned high power outtake?

The only things ive heard that would be good to exchange to is the top bolts, they are ARP now. And the thing between the cylinders and the valves&sparks, its an TOmei steel 3mm, for the cooling thereis HKS oilrelocation kit mounted and a HKS Alu water cooler with dual electricity fans, this with N1 oil pump and N1 waterpump. Thereis alot more specs on the eng but theese things should keep the engine in a good temperature while the engine shouldn´t brake down?

The car is a Skyline R33 GT-R which has this summer had a GT35R turbo, with 600cc nismo injectors. The turbo has been running in 1.5bar and when the Tomei 264 cams start att 6500rpm it has been a real kick up to 9000rpms! But a few weeks ago my oil pressure dissapeared so thats why the whole engine will get a tune up with a lot of new parts.

Greetings from Sweden, // Mattias

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
i woudnt trust any major engine components like that without the big brand names on it... even though they do look like "good ****"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello.

Im new on the forum here, im from sweden so have patience with my sometimes bad spelling in english!

Im going to change pistons and cranks in my car this coming winter, and im going to aim for 600+hp on the wheels. My question is which pistons and cranks would be good for this, i have found these ones, one the swedish Skyline forums people say that they are socalled "good ****", i suppose they mean that its cheap at the samt time good.

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/product.asp?ProdID=21734&CtgID=21733

Have someone ordered from CNC motorsports? Can i trust them fully?

And is there anything else i should change during the planned high power outtake?

The only things ive heard that would be good to exchange to is the top bolts, they are ARP now. And the thing between the cylinders and the valves&sparks, its an TOmei steel 3mm, for the cooling thereis HKS oilrelocation kit mounted and a HKS Alu water cooler with dual electricity fans, this with N1 oil pump and N1 waterpump. Thereis alot more specs on the eng but theese things should keep the engine in a good temperature while the engine shouldn´t brake down?

The car is a Skyline R33 GT-R which has this summer had a GT35R turbo, with 600cc nismo injectors. The turbo has been running in 1.5bar and when the Tomei 264 cams start att 6500rpm it has been a real kick up to 9000rpms! But a few weeks ago my oil pressure dissapeared so thats why the whole engine will get a tune up with a lot of new parts.

Greetings from Sweden, // Mattias
I was waiting on what you said in the last line there.
N1 oil pumps don't like 9000rpm and at a minimum you must balance the crank AND fit a good crank damper pulley as the vibrations break the pump.
Use a Tomei or Jun oil pump.

I have never used CNC before but the products they are selling are good enough for your purpose. (there are 7 second cars running JE pistons) don't be fooled by big name Jap parts, there not all that good.

You won't get 600+bhp at the wheels with 600cc injectors either. 750cc minimum.

And i'd watch the temps if you have done away with the engine driven fan, a lot of the so called performance fans are pathetic, you could fart harder :)

·
Coffe isn't my cup of tea.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2thepoint, thank you for an great answer!

Im going to order 1200cc injectors (why so large, thereis a possibility that ill get the car mapped for etanol, or E85 if u guys know it?), so that is what the car will run on later when it has been, driven in, or brakein whatever it is on english you drive gently with the car for a couple och thousand kilometers with the new stuf in the engine before it will get sent to get mapped with bigger injectors.

Noone has told me anything about the N1 pump not tolerating 9000rpm, so ill buy an Jun or Tomei pump instead then, have you any pic or like that for that crank damper? So i know what to ask for at my dealer/parts importer. Thanks for these tips to!

Edit: According the oilpumps, is OEM same **** as n1 and nismo?

These fans are good, the first time the engine was mapped it was close of running really hot, this was with the stock fan and one electric with the stock Radiator (not sure on spelling, or right word there). Then the Aluminium HKS radiator was fitted, it got slightly better but the temp never stabilised before these 2 electric fans were mounted.

Hereis also 2 pics of my car! The engineroom doesnt look impressive at all, but nothing has been spared on. After this winter it will be ALOT more shiny!

//Mattias from sweden

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts