Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine had just got to perfect operating temperature this morning, when I floored it and 'beep' 'beep' 'beep' went the warning option on my turbo timer.

I have recently been told to check for creeping boost (cheers Sarky) because I have fitted a complete straight through system.

So it was set to go at 0.66, 0.01 higher than I had previously ever achieved. Top boost recorded that I had hit an all time high of 0.7

Now later in the journey (some 15 minutes) I floored it again and could not achieve the same level of boost.

It seems to me that this can only be due to 2 things

1) The air temperature was cooler at the start of my journey

or

2) I have no cold air partition for my pod filter and the engine heat had increased and was warming the air being taken through the pod filter.

Does my second theory sound possible? If so I need to address

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Could be either, or both.

I get boost creep occasionally, but not much more than .05 bar (on the gauge anyway), and the controller sorts it out pretty damn quick.

FUnnily enough happens most in cooler areas, ie a tunnel.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
The only time i ever achieve high boost levels is in the early morning or late evening, when the air is cold I.E dense. But the fuel cut defencer soon sorts that out...i think...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: please advise

Eddie said:
Explain? What kind of funky turbo timer tells you the boost levels?
It's a Blitz DTT DCII Dual Turbo Timer. They sell at least two, cause my mate has a Blitz one which works on revs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did some heavy right footed testing over the weekend and my boost is consistently dropping as my journey progresses.

I didn't think to watch this before I changed the air filter, so I'll swap it back soon and do some more tests.

The lowest I achieved near the end of a run was 0.5 (0.16 off best before change)

I have a feeling that heat soaking into my new pod filter is causing this to occur and a heat resistant partition is the sensible way forward.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will a boost controller keep it from dropping as well as rising?

I hit 0.71 this morning. I've heard that 0.8 is the safe max, a bit worrying really!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts