Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I have now reached that time when I am interested in upgrading the crappy GTS 4-stud hubs and tiny brakes, in order to fit my 17" Manaray wheels..

The thing I'am unsure about is :- GTS-T 5-STUD HUBS will go straight on, but should I want even bigger brakes than the standard GTS-T brakes.. Do I need matching callipers and discs or will up-rated brake calipers work fine with standard GTS-T discs ??

I know the GTS-T brakes will be incredible compared to the sh**ty GTS ones but I'am thinking if I further upgraded the brakes to say : 'Brembro' for eg/ then I'll have all the stopping power I need at the ready, for when I swap out my GTS lump for a 440 bhp (Approx) GTS-T single turbo lump etc..
:attention:
I'am really unsure of the best brakes to go for, all I know is I want them to be as big as possible to fit inside my 17" Manaray wheels..

I don't know the widths & fitting etc of my wheels but the numbers on the tyre's read :- EJKA ccE050Z
Ec3Fz
265/40Z R17

^ (The only thing I get from those numbers is Radius 17" ...I have no idea what the other numbers etc mean..) But guess they could be useful when trying to work out what the biggest brakes are that will fit within my 17" Manarays !?

How should I tackle this ???

At the moment I still have 4-stud GTS hubs and crappy 17" erroded chrome vaults so the swap over cant happen quick enough !! - Martin.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Just get the gtst 5 stud hubs with brakes and you will be fine

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EVO BRAKES BIGGER & BETTER THAN GTS-T & GTR ???

I've been doing some reading online and have heard that EVO Discs and brakes etc.. are one of the best upgrades..

Has anyone here done this ??

Was it expensive or fairly reasonable ?? - Martin.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Gtr front hubs are differant

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Forgot about the different front suspension. I was only thinking about disc fitment at the time. :)
I was more thinking of the great big hole in the middle for the driveshaft :dogpile:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
That won't matter, it'd just be weight saving, reducing unsprung weight. :)
And when the wheel bearing collapses and causes extensive damage due to it not being held together that will be good :)

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, because I'am still unclear as which path to take, can anyone tell me whether a GTS-T Setup / GTR Setup / an EVO Setup etc...would be best... ??

I'am barely running 130 bhp at the moment, so even the GTS ones aren't that bad

But !!!

When the time comes..

I will be running upto 500 bhp !!

...and so... really want the best stopping power I can get (budget £500.00 aprox) NEW/2nd..

Whats the best Hub, Break and Disc combo's I can use when I upgrade from my GTS to handle big power at a later date (preferably a combo aside from the GTS-T Setup ???

Many Thanks

Martin.

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
gtst setup and it bolts straight on and then in the future move onto k sports or something similar

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K-SPORTS ???

gtst setup and it bolts straight on and then in the future move onto k sports or something similar
K-Sports ? ..is that the next step up from standard GTS-T brakes ?? are they bigger/better or just a better brand so's to speak ??

...and will they fit onto GTS-T disc or will I need matching K-Sport discs ?? - Martin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts