Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my skyline for 18 months now an it has never skipped a beat....till this morning:mad:!! Finished my night shift at 6am as usual, got in and started it as usual and it just wouldn't fire up. It was turning over ok but just not firing up. Now my car is sat outside work until i can get a local auto electrician, who can work on jap imports, to look at it:bash:. Does anyone know, or have any idea, what it could be?? Well pi**ed off now as i was taking my gf to scotland for a long weekend, she won't be happy:disappointed:

Cheers Rob

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi rob it could be many things, i would check yr cam angle sensor, its a round faced part on the cam cover face, it has a electrical plug connector to it, just make sure its pushed right in mate, it should click in tight.....

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
As has been said, this could be a lot of things, sorry!

Have someone turn the car over for you, but stick your head in the boot and listen for the fuel pump working...

Check the fuse, too

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right......checked all fuses and the cam sensor cover, all are fine. I'm guessing its the fuel pump cos i can't hear anything in the boot when tryin to start it and i can't smell any fuel in the engine bay either. Is it easy to replace the pump and will my local auto factors have them??

Cheers Rob

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
If there is no buzzing sound from the boot area when you turn the key? it will probably be the pump. check the relay and fuse first for the pump?

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Unplug your AFM and try starting it then.

I had exactly the same problem when my AFM went down, and i called the AA out and he told me that itwas my fuel pump because there was no noise coming from it.

Unplugged the AFM and it fired straight up, but it was in limp mode so it would only rev to 2500 rpm but it was enough to get me home untill i got another AFM.

Hope its as simple as that for you mate!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right well i tried unplugging the air flow meter, that didn't work. Tried a new earth on the pump, as i thought it could be this, but it still won't fire up. So i've come to the conclusion that the pump is dead, seen the 'how to change fuel pump' thread so i'm gonna give it a go myself. Phoned up my local nissan dealer and they want £380 plus vat:shakehead: i nearly fell of my chair cos i've seen walbro pumps on ebay for £75. The part number that the nissan man gave me was 17042-73L02, can anyone confirm this please, also any ideas where else i can get one??

Thanks Rob

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Give some of the trader on here a quick call, RSP, Skylinepart etc, chances one of them will have some cheaper ones in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts