Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Just read it...never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be..:rolleyes: ...i started to write a reply then decided it wasn't worth winding myself up about, the fellas already made himself look stupid..:D :D :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Better to reply on here!
My R32 GTR has about 420 bhp (more when I can afford it).
I went out with Paul (RoboPope) at Rockingham in his GTS, really enjoyed it and was well impressed.
It is not a GTR but so what? It a good car in it's own right.
Power to the GTS owners.
:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Dave...

Great post. Some of use can only afford GTS', some of us choose GTS', but Nissan still wrote 'SKYLINE' on the back so I don't see why anyone should care either, after all, they knew better than me.

Unfortunately, that tw*t's post wound me up, and after a long day at work I couldn't let it lie. Wish I hadn't taken the bait now!

Oh well, he needed a bo**ocking anyway!

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
might sound a bit off after all that but, whats the most you can get out off a gts engine then??
i know chris's gts (sumo powers old red 33) has got around 380 at the wheels, i think??
mine no where near you boys , loadsa mod's and i dont think i'm past 300 yet
just wondering
cheers tony:p

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
also do you find most tuners turn their nose up when you ask for tuning parts etc for the GTS finding they would rather tune GTR's??

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
yep i've struggled to get tuners to take me seriously, i won't go into detail.

No offence to any skyline tuners but i've vowed only ever to import parts from aus and japan now.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i have to agree the GTS doesn`t command as much respect as the GTR but thats just a feeling i get & its a well felt feeling. Even had a guy at a meet who i was talking to say to me "Yeh they tried to sell me a bloody GTS instead" As soon as he said it it was obviuos he wanted the ground to open up & swallow him. He apologised & i accepted but none the less it still happened.

As for RX7 boy well im gonna give him what he`s got coming & im not gonna stop. Im not the most intelligent guy in the world & when im wound up the only way i know is with my fists,if you know what i mean. Think thats born out of growing up where i did starting boxing at the age of 13. But still thats how it is.

Cheers to Jock for jumping in there & giving him a mouth full as well. If only more people would tell this guy what they think of him. He probably started the thread on purpose to wind the skyline boys up before totb so come on guys & girls
GAME ON,LETS PLAY BALL

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done the more the merrier. All we need now is a womans point of view. Come on tigger make him feel (holds hands out) this small. Women are so good at that;)

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
GTS or GTR - it's still a Skyline...

I was tempted to post but in the end thought it better to save my energy. There have always been threads like that and there always will be, it's just some folk's mentality and they have nothing better to do that stir it up.

Maybe one day I will be able to afford a GTR but TBH i'm more than happy with the GTS. It's a great car (I spend far too much time in it as I find it's too easy to just go for a spin when i'm bored), it's fast and it turns heads all the time. People in other cars have big grins on their faces and put thumbs up etc - gives you a great feeling. If other people don't like it or try and put it down I really couldn't give a flying fcuk, that's my choice at the end of the day.

It's the word SKYLINE that does it for me, whatever flavour.

Let's just see that again: S K Y L I N E - beautiful isn't it? :cool:

[coughs in a very manly way]

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on Moschops dont tell us what we already know post that on the GTR Reg. The reason the guys winding me up so much is the fact he hasn`t even got a skyline so what right has he got to slag off gts`s anyway? :)

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
i'am sure chris's GTS would make a few GTR's feel very small, when i drove it for the mot the combo of big single and a lock rear axle was an experiance, no warning at around 5g that beast opened up,
with the locked rear it just took off!!!
compared to luke's big singled GTR the GTS felt quicker to me!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm old

and ugly enough to know better, but that c**ksmoker has really wound me up. Not impressed at all.

gtst lad.... Speak to Gary at GT-ART if you are willing to give UK tuners another go, he is a bl**dy genius and more than happy to play with anything, be it GTS or GTR. I would need serious convincing to go near anyone else now.

Off back to the GTR forum, I smell an argument brewing.....

Not a violent person but this guy needs a rectal-cranial inversion.

(although I fear that has been done already)

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Thanks jock..i haven't actually used gt art yet but i have asked a few questions and hes always been real helpful..:) ....good luck in battle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gtst lad, I've done a lot of work on GTS's before. The 400hp one just sold in the for-sale section was built by me. Feel free to PM me, I might be able to help you out. PS labour rates are very good:D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts