Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the story. Decided when I was changing to iridiums the other day that I would leave the plug cover off to keep things in there a bit cooler. However, couldn't figure out where to mount the ignition/distribution/whatever-it-does black box thingy that mounts on the rear of the cover.
Any suggestions as the what to do with it, obviously I don't want to leave it just hanging there?
Reckoned I may just have to cut the cover and leave that wee bit at the back.

Help????

:crazy:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good idea leaving the cover off, the coil packs runs far to warm leading to misfires and premature failure. Regarding the transistor amp unit, I've tied them back before (cable length permitting) to the brake pipes on the firewall bulkhead with a couple of pull ties.

·
Registered
34 Posts
why not jsut hacksaw the end of the plug cover off, and then mount this part with with the Ign amp on iot back onto the block?

Thanks to RB20DET.com for the images.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha ha!

Was going to ask if you did that purely to show me until I read the credit at the bottom!

Just had it off for a few days to paint it and ran the car without it a bit. Noticed a superb lack of difference, so shall leave it on now to help keep dust/moisture out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts