Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still battling on, aftr fitment of the new exhaust and cleaning the plugs and re-gapping them, they are fouling up again and im back to occasional stalling when the chokes opperating, and missfiring and spluttering at the 5-7 k rpm range, taking them out again today to clean them up, but im wondering will ( when i can find one ) a SAFC stop the plugs getting dirty ( caked in fuel after a while, theres no oil or anything sinister on them ), or is it the plugs ?

And on a side note, cause of this bad habbit, a dam cavalier turbo was racing me and keeping up down my own dam road to my house, smoke was pooring out his car though, so some satisfaction, but still....think im going to sell my skyline and get a carravelle instead :-(

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Sounds like coilpacks are fried..... Splitfires are the future, lol...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
You can get 280-300bhp from a £120 chip on a cavalier..

sounds like you car is simply overfuelling
Ill rephrase that for you.......

You can get 280-300bhp from a £120 chip on a chavalier..

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
well TBH i think the skyline is more of a "chav" car....i mean if you drive around in a cav you get no attention from anyone unless you have just raced and beaten them lol

the skyline is somewhat different...cant drive around without some hoodie eyeing it up or giving you compliments etc....ask any of them what car they want and they will most likely tell you "a GTR"

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chav's, thinking of buying the wife some tacky corsa for a laugh and dumping a 2 litre turbo unit with the 6 speed box for a giggle, anyway, i always liked cavs, chavs - no minus the chavs but i went through a lot of VX's in my early driving years.

The missfiring though, toke the plugs out and a couple of the iridium tips had broke off, so ( a mistake i think ) put the old standard ones in in the hopes it would be ok for a while. Drove to Oban and btw 4-6k rpm it would cut out/stall, almost completely.....

On the up side, scared the wife with some beafy flames when i got back home and started reving to inspire my thoughts on how to sort this problem out. Even managed to film some tiny ones coming out later - i should upload it as many ask " will my full japspeed exhaust spit flames ?" - yes it does.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOOOOoooooooooooooo, can anyone recomend me like THE BEST plugs to get as im not sure i want iridiums again, or if i do get them, have them at the correct gap ( 6mm maybe ) and running temp ( IE - hotter, colder, if that bares any relevence ). for my minimaly modded skyline. And then.....where from ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts