Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NismoR34
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not me, well as you know my car is down and i had a built up neo 25, soon to be 26 with lots of parts but forget about me.

Its a project a friend of mines wanted to for some night drags we have here.

Once more, i humbly ask for the help to give him the assistance as it'll be done home by me here.

2JZGTE into the R34 GTT. Using R154 1jz gearbox.

Now before you guys say he is wasting money etc, reason being is that his previous car, supra, was sold. So basically, he has alot of stuff put down and just wants to use it as his motor blew in the GTT.

His parts list so far:
2JZGTE
1JZ R154 Gearbox
Ogura Twin Disc Clutch Setup
Turbonetics T66 Turbo
HKS Fuel Rail
1000cc Injectors
VW Intake Manifold
HKS 264 Camshafts Intake/Exhaust
HKS Cam Gears
AEM Engine Management

So basically, he does'nt really want to sell a full setup to go with a 26 or rebuild the 25 as his was auto and to find a 25 gearbox or even a 26 complete here, its very very very hard now. Even if we find a 26, complete, these idiots want so much, it makes no sense bcuz its stock.

What i wanna know, has anyone ever done this? I've seen a red gtt on the net with a 2jz swap but no info on it.

Want to know what has to be done about the mounts, and will he be able to get back the speedo/tach to work on the panel. Its the Nismo panel as well, 10K RPM and 300KM/H Speedo. Any adapters needed to work it?

Want to keep the car looking simple inside and out. Anything else im missing out?

The goal is around 6-700HP with Water/Meth Injection and No Pump Gas as it will only be a night time drags monster.

Thanks for any positive info i might get, and **hides** from the negativity i might get. But its not my car, so i just thought i might be able to get help from you guys please.:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
first off, best of luck with that conversion. it's going to be hard work but should be a right laugh when it's done.

i can't really help answer any of your questions except to suggest it might be worth having a word with the driftworks chaps. they've put a 2jz in an s15 and a 1jz in an r32 so they should be in a good position to answer some of your questions.

failing that it might be worth giving garage-d a bell and see if they can help.

·
NismoR34
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool....front sump crankcase needed for 2jz, put the motor in there last nite without it and it needs to get some fabrication going on but not much. Same goes for the gearbox mountings.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've done lots of engine conversions on other types of cars. Just remember getting the engine in the bay is the easy part. Connecting, electrics, exhaust, coolant hoses, throttle, intercooler etc is the hard work.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.