Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as its the last RWYB of the season is anyone going to go to this to have one last go up the strip?

For me it will be the first time in this car!:dogpile:

·
manual convert
583 Posts
yes, i,ll be going. but only for a couple of hours, as i,ve got afternoon plans.
be there about 8-8.30am.

bruce.

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
well i went to this today and it was really busy
first time i have been up the strip and was very disipointed :disappointed: as i couldt get no grip of the line and it tried to slide up the strip ala drift style but i will keep trying as at least i now have a time to keep bettering

·
manual convert
583 Posts
we,ll have to try shakespeare county next year, should get more runs as it,s not so busy.

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
If you got a good 60ft time (launch) then you almost always get a decent exit time.

Terminal / Trap speed is usually very similar no matter what the start was like off the line.

TErminal is a great indicator of how much power your car is running and whether its healthy or not. This is because it is dictated by your power to weight ratio.

I always aim for a decent terminal these days, then at least if your time is crap, you know your car is still capable on the open road!!! :) :D

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
i was only interested in terminal time and speed but first time was spinning for nearley the whole first 60ft and wouldnt grip till i let off and staightend the car up also its an auto and wouldnt change up a gear when it was spinning some reason and had to let off for changed up as it was bouncing on the red line

·
manual convert
583 Posts
i,ll bring my old c/packs to the meet so you can try them,
they were ok until 250 rwhp.

bruce.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I think I nearly toasted the clutch but came away with a 13.2289 1/4 at 104.88 and 60ft in 2.0868. Fairly standard car. I'm not sure how that fairs with others.

There where quite a few strugling with traction.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Aye, just put mine in and I'm happy to be on the 1st page..

It was easier with the 4WD.. I just need a stonger and more durable clutch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts