Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agreed with Jamie rb25 to buy 4 parts totalling £220.

not one or two but 46 pm's exchanged. the jist of which is that ive been waiting now for him to take the parts off the car to send out. Deal done no question.

Early on i'd agreed to buy the parts and agreed the price but then Asked about buying something else but needed more info - after getting info i realised it was too much effort for no gain and kindly and politely "asked" if i could pass on it. He said ok, then wanted to charge me more than agreed for the original parts.... i sent 3 pms trying to check whether he was taking the piss on purpose or by accident. Even stating that i wanted yet something else and it would better to have a quick chat over then phone before i sent the money over for all the parts. Asking what money to send over not asking for "dibs" or to hold something not even making offers - all already agreed but I get a pm back saying he's sold to someone else......

Scum with no principles shouldn't be allowed on here mate and im furious.
Ive organised mapping needing the part by the end of the week and passed on two others which are now gone.

Its pathetic, greedy and rude.

You can keep all the rest of the parts i agreed to buy mate. I dont deal with scum.

I have pm'd a mod regarding fulfilling agreements.

why not tell all those buying about who they are dealing with.
regards.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I'm dealing with it Tharek, I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. i will post nothing more on the subject, i dont wish to pollute the forum. I did try to take it up by pm but evidently ive already been screwed. im just thankful i handed over no money yet. I was logged into paypal at the time waiting!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi keith, no i didnt send payment but equally there was no "whoever comes up with the money first gets" or any rush or request for payment from his.

We had come to a full agreement a long while ago and I was only awaiting payment details which he said he would send over once the parts were removed - a couple of days passed then I got the payment details and could've paid but he increased the agreed price then told me they were sold. I did send him 3 pm's in reply to his pm with payment details including my contact details so we could just sort it over the phone. After all i considered them mine as per my posts and his posts on his threads and had arranged the car to be mapped with them.

judging from the contact ive had other members have too. Its just good manners after all.

feel free to read through my pm's and see for your self how reasonable and forthcoming i was. I just feel like ive wasted my time and lost out. 50 pms dont send themselves. :(

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
having read through it all again; I was the one prompting for payment details. I expressed interest in other parts but made it clear that whilst i decide/speak to rsp if they are sold, the are sold.

I didnt pull out of anything as i didnt agree to buy anything more only asked questions, kept him informed that i needed to ask for advice and promptly advised whether i'd take it or not. nothing from the agreement of the original parts changed from the 28.02.2009 to today.

You shouldnt advertise let alone agree if you cant fulfill after all he did ask for only people on his street with cash to apply.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand tharek, but it does happen mate, unless money is transferred its an open court, i do feel for ya mate, ive had the same before, we dont access pm's mate they are private, see what jamie has to say to ya mate...keith
thank you for your comments keith. Its a shame people behave like this. There is no need. I know - i have 7 cars which im constantly buying and selling stuff for one of which is in the process of being broken. Despite this ive never been tempted to get greedy or mess people about even when offered a quicker deal or more money. I would be the only one to loose out if i did.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
I cant imagine the nightmare it is to sell parts from a breaking car. See it all too often on forums where things arent listed in a for sale add and it all gets a bit mad. Posts with the person forgetting delivery contact details for paid items etc etc.

Cant comment on what happened to you mate but i know i specifically left i-trader feedback on Jamie's page because i was delighted with the service and dealings he gave me on an exhaust i got. Communication postage cost price packaging never mind the bargain i paid for the exhaust.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/itrader.php?u=11320

The i trader is something i think should be used more often on the site by sellers and buyers.

Hope you get it sorted dude for both your sakes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
well you offered to buy all the items for 375 then pulled out of it so if its ok for you to pass on the items why is it not ok for me to sell the original items at advertised price to you

·
****** FOR A YEAR
1,073 Posts
whats the problem.

"jamie rb25" sold his gear............"m4drx" has spent no money.

i dont see what the issue is.

if someone had been stolen off then thats against the law, but just sold out from under them......should have moved quicker.

P.S - i dont know either member.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have dealt with Jamie rb25 he seems like a straightforward honest bloke, bought a EBC strut brace and down pipe off him all work fine and where in the condition as advertised.

Just thought id post up because his name shouldn’t be dragged through the dirt because some one beat you to the punch imo.

Ant

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
The way things are with buyers (yes buyers) it makes no sense for the seller to sit and wait for a buyer to make their minds up if they want the parts or not. You either pay for them or take the hit if someone else gets them before you've decided. There's been so many others who've thought they've sold stuff only to find out they "buyer" pulls out and then they're left with parts they cannot sell.

Harsh but fact.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I've ordered some items of jamie from the R33 he is breaking and all communications (PM's) have been responded to in a timely fashion and have been spot on, just my 2 pence worth

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
From whats been posted here id say that its merely a case of unfortunate timing.

a gentleman's agreement is just that. if the price changed and the purchase of parts was deffered with no time frame for sealing the deal later. then its within the sellers right to move them on to someone who presents with the money in the interim

harsh but true. in my erly days onthe forum i was like a kid ina sweet shop and made promises all over the place about getting money and can y hold parts etc etc .....it just doesn't work.

unless you know who you're dealing with its safer for all concerned to pay now and take later, after all DFS this is not.

·
seasoned member
1,399 Posts
Ok also my 2pence worth. Jamie is a top bloke and even took the stuff i wanted off on the sunday i pm`ed him and i collected same day. Also he is a top bloke no need to call him scum and well if its not paid for its not yours until money changes hands.

You go into a car showroom and say i want that car save it for me be back to pay for it soon and another person comes in with the hard cash after him whats the showroom going to do SOLD to the buyer with the cash.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Ok also my 2pence worth. Jamie is a top bloke and even took the stuff i wanted off on the sunday i pm`ed him and i collected same day. Also he is a top bloke no need to call him scum and well if its not paid for its not yours until money changes hands.

You go into a car showroom and say i want that car save it for me be back to pay for it soon and another person comes in with the hard cash after him whats the showroom going to do SOLD to the buyer with the cash.
Esp in this time when a lot of people are struggling and need cash.

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
if you have never broken a car you just wont know the stress of it stripping, cleaing, listing,pricing,packing,sorting postage,reading pms,replying,taking payments and sortig the dreamers from genuine buyers,

i broke my car and yes i upset a few people that wanted parts and didnt get them but it was first come first served

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.