Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police were on the look out this morning for around 15 Nissan Skylines who might just break the speed limit once they get onto the wide open M40 with no traffic at 10am. Therefore they wasted lots of tax dollars getting out the Speed Camera van and placed it on a bridge above the M40 just ahead of where the skylines were last spotted that morning. Unfortunately a police spokesman said "They outsmarted us. They drove up to the bridge, waved at us then when they were on the other side of the bridge and we couldn't get them with a camera they all sped up. We feel foolish and can only apologise for our error in judgement." This reporter simply fell about laughing.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Think the twats clocked me in a stealth van on a bridge down the A34.I just cant find the words to express how much I hate this method of trapping motorists. Only the honest and legal ones they can trace pay the friggin fines anyway, so who are they trying to get at. Revenue earners, thats all its about.

G

·
0 Posts
i think they may have taken my picture as well. hope so then i will ask them for a copy

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The camera was actually in the van mate on the bridge. It has a sliding panel that they simply open and the camera is pointed at the road.

Unfortunately my speedo needle has gone abit mad and jumps around abit so at one point I knew I was doing either 60 or 70 and at another point I knew I was doing either 70 or 80. lol

·
Registered
952 Posts
when was this then? its that sneeky damn stealth van again. got me too but i was on the a127. why cant they just catch the dangerous criminals like granny muggers and kiddy fiddlers. grrrr

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because catching a Granny Mugger or a Kiddy Fiddler doesn't make them loads of money so they can buy Scoobies as pursuit cars.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i had one cop car start chatting to me about my car. eventually he said to me he was happy that it was mine because if it was nicked and i decided to give it and pull away they wouldnt have stood a chance i just laughed and said i know to him. just shows some of them do appriciate a good motor though

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I remember blowing the head gasket on my old 2.8 Capri when I was about 18 on the M62 to Manchester. Coppers turned up and looked all around the car. The older copper was a Capri fanatic and had 2 himself both 2.8i V6s. He also therefore must have known it's impossible to blow the head gasket on one of them unless you're doing 135mph with the car bouncing off the rev limiter. lol He just told me he liked the car and hoped I repaired it rather than scrap it.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking maybe it was KIT come back from Knight industries only this time instead of being inside a beautiful Trans Am or an ugly Chevy or a weird futuristic New Renault Megane Looking thing he came back in a Surrey Police Astra.

·
Registered
952 Posts
doh.

i really should read what i type before i click submit.
those sneaky surrey coopers got some nice old motors now to chase us lot. scoobies,few astra turbo two evos and some bmws my mate works for surrey police

1 - 13 of 13 Posts