Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:spank:Firstly i'm always polite with them as its not worth it when you get arsey!

SO - here goes.

I did nothing wrong.
I was aware they were there as i had already passed in other direction before going into supermarket and getting some lunch.

Came out... proceeded to the exit... turned left at the roundabout get near the layby and instantly... bang.. speed gun pointing at me! :spank:
i knew they were there so i was pootling along - that and i had my wife and son with me!

so i wasnt speeding, pc plods face was mr smug grin turned into disappointment as my car is loud that clearly means i must be doing 120 eh! FOOLS!

so i go to carry on past the layby then the twat jumps out infront of me - on foot (CLEVER THING TO DO) and tells me to pull into layby where i've virtually had to do an emergency stop!

he then proceeds to have a go at me for not being ready to stop!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? you jumped out in middle of road you idiot. :spank:

I look behind me and a volvo followed me out of supermarket - undercover car! wtf... REALLY ANY NEED?

So it goes along the lines of me saying why? what have i done? i wasnt speeding etc.
I get the stock answer.. is this your car, how old are you, blah blah blah. i'm 33 you nob! do i look 18 with my greying hair you pleb!

they then check all tyres. 'you'll find they are all legal officer'
reg check please... 'you'll find it's insured, taxed and MOT'd officer.
breathalyser... 'you'll find that i'm not stupid officer!'
so they carry on digging at car whilst i'm standing at side of road and numerous other cars go hurtling by pointing laughing etc.

eventually, i get a vehicle defect report for number plate. theres nothing wrong with my plates other than it's at a angle due to the EPR bumper i have that has no where else to mount it.

Apparently the only reason i'd have my number plate like that is to evade speed cameras! :slap:

so... i must ask you mr officer, did it really need you and 5 of your fellow colleagues to harass me.

would you have stopped me if i was in one of my other 2 cars.
I even told you that the car was weekend toy that sees the roads once a fortnight max! :spank: :loser:

very frustrating that they assume i'm a yobo as i choose and can afford a weekend toy. :spank::spank:

OH YEAH.... last thing... you even took a photo of my car for your wall of fame, you should have asked mate, I would have let you stand beside it and took the photo for you buddy! C0CK!
:sorry:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lodge a proper complaint mate. If you feel you have genuinely been unfairly harassed. They have to log the incident and investigate all complains. Could always contact the Independent Police Complaints Commission? Probably nothing will happen but at least you can waste their time like they wasted yours!

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lodge a proper complaint mate.
Thanks mate.
Generally I'm not one to complain, i'm a fairly easy going guy unless something really riles me but on this occasion it was the air of arrogance more than the fact they stopped me needlessly. :gay:

apparently i've been report ed to the dvla for the offence. WTF. lol

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks mate.

apparently i've been report ed to the dvla for the offence. WTF. lol
I know what you mean, I'm normally all for complaining but once I've ranted about it I normally let it be. However, what you have described is outrageous behaviour, it's knobs like that that alienate the police from the general public in the same way that chavy boy racers in shitbox cars give genuine car enthusiasts a bad name with the police.

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my plates are even BSE marked with correct fonts etc. thats the annoying part.
you see so many people driving around that have frigged their plates to spell a name or moved the spacing or have nigh on illegible fonts...

you are correct though about the alienating! just needless time wasting on both parts and a waste of another tree and some ink!
the car has had legit MOT with plates where they are now.
never mind... bigger fish to fry.

I hope santa arrives with rudolph and that rudolph pisses on his pillow :)

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why, you want to make your car a ringer?
lol

I'll edit a pic and post it up over the hols mate.
At work on iphone and its ballache to try do it on that.
lol

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the whole. i dont have a issue with police or authority.
I personally know a few coppers and they are decent lads...
Theres a few on here lurking in our midst :)

However... mr Traffic orifice, clearly sat on his truncheon yesterday...
well i can only assume it was his truncheon as there was obviously something up his ass!

·
4,540 Posts
So why did they actually stop you?.

They are not allowed to just stop you for no reason, they have to have a reason to stop you, they can't just spot check the car as they need a valid reason to stop you in the first place and they they are allowed to check the car.

I would write a complaint if they stopped you for nothing and then checked the car over as that's not allowed.

Davie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
They can and will stop you at this time of year, too many retards drinking and driving but it's no excuse for singling you out.
Had a copper follow me yesterday and I expected a tug, had my young son in the car with me and he was getting worried after our last experience with the Traffic Division but the copper ****ed off.
I don't know why that 'some' have to act like total ******s??

·
Seasoned ECR33 Owner
698 Posts
I had trouble in the past they said it flagged up on there system as not insured after picking over the whole car they gave me a producer and let me go on my way now they must have checked it out over the radio because they let me go and if they didnt checknit out why pull me over.... and why make me go back to them with all my docs to prove it again?
It was my first dealing with the police ever and it left a bad impression i felt like they did it because they could

·
Registered
97 Posts
So there's rapists, peados & murderers out there and they have 5 officers on you doing you for a number plate ? There arse holes

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I got pulled by the fuzz a few years ago for small number plate but they were quite polite.
Got my 2 kids asleep in the back.

Recently my accident on the a500 in stoke, the police attending acted more like waiters at a restaurant, they couldn't be more polite and helpfull.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This pisses me off, there's a lad next to me who doesn't work beats his girlfriend and drives about in a car that has no tax test or insurance sits on the drive and just revs it for hours on end then flies about like an idiot spinning the wheels everywhere with his (big bore) iv been in touch with the police about this not because I'm a grass or anything but because we have to put up with this day in and day out, and if he hits one of my cars or worse still a child he is not insured, they have been to tell him about using the car with no tax etc but has it stopped him no, she said it had been put in the computer as marked well how has he managed to be driving about every day for the last 2 months and not get stopped he's out till early hours sometimes waking us up in the process yet they know the car is illegal but they seam to do nothing they'd rather pull people in cars like ours! Sorry guys rant over!

·
Registered
470 Posts
A friend of mine was pulled over just before christmas. He is in a wheelchair after an op went wrong and drives a vauxhall disability car nothing special. He was pulled over for doing nothing wrong and wasnt late at night. 3 police cars surrounded and blocked him when he stopped just for a routine check. what a waste of resources and money to the tax payers.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
r33dave said:
what a waste of resources and money to the tax payers.
Motoring offences are the biggest income generator to the police though, if stopping 'real' criminals paid as much they'd pool the resources there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts