Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get a fairly decent finish if polishing cam covers using sand paper and working up the grades?

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm tempted to put mine in to get done. Can't really afford it just now, my car is going in soon to have a bunch of new stuff fitted. I figure while it's in, I may as well get them to give me the cam covers back so I can shine em up a bit. Then in a month or two I'm gonna get the plug cover painted to match the body, and get an RB26 pulley cover, remove the embossed lettering and get that painted up too. One downside of me trying to polish them myself would be making a cack job of it and it ends up looking rubbish next to the painted parts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Mark, do you know anywhere locally that would do the polishing.

I had someone lined up but they have let me down :(

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, no idea mate. I might look into it and see how much it'll cost. If I can find somewhere I'll let you know.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll try one of the covers and see if I can manage it without messing up.
That polish, do I use that once I've gotten the cover to something resembling a shiny state?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
I think I'll try one of the covers and see if I can manage it without messing up.
That polish, do I use that once I've gotten the cover to something resembling a shiny state?
yes but give it try as you go along

1 - 10 of 10 Posts