Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never been too impressed with my headlights, so had them adjusted and the view is still awful... is it the same with everyones??? ive a 32 GTR with the bugeye lights and im running Phillips Vision Plus bulbs... nice and bright for abit, then just total darkness...
its near impossible to drive with any vigour at night... (which i suppose is a good thing!)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
what about the ice bright ones you can get?? seen the ads in some of the jap mags....so no idea what they are called!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are supposed to be x% brighter than most... considered getting some of the billion watt rally bulbs, but like to keep some semblence of legality to the car! :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was never overally impressed with my headlights on my GTR34 - by the time you could see things you'd be on them
--- I had the Xenon headlights fitted - which are a lot better --

also decided to slow down a bit in the dark !!!

Whilst driving !

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I find the lights in my 32 GTR perfectly ok. What on earth do you mean by bug eye lights? Do you have a version of the R32 that no one else has ever seen or something? The middle scooby has bug eye lights the R32 has scowling eyes. grrrrrrrrrrr lol. Maybe my bulbs are not standard who knows.

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
My 200SX headlights are not that good either, but much better with some 130 Watt "off road use only" bulbs. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Considered HIDs? I think there is a group buy going on with Whibitz for about £250 I think (4500k) but they will need to be sorted ASAP. I've just placed an order for a set of 6000ks (slightly more expensive).

I did try all sorts of bulbs including PIAA ones but still not very bright for some reason (I meant the car lights!).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
R32GTR said:
I find the lights in my 32 GTR perfectly ok. What on earth do you mean by bug eye lights? Do you have a version of the R32 that no one else has ever seen or something? The middle scooby has bug eye lights the R32 has scowling eyes. grrrrrrrrrrr lol. Maybe my bulbs are not standard who knows.

:) the bug eyes are the projector lenses... some of the earlier R32s had ordinary lenses with lines and stuff over them...

·
Old Member
814 Posts
If you go sticking 100W bulbs in, there is s chance the reflector surface will burn off. Expensive replacement jobby !!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Also consider your wiring. There will be an increased load on the wiring, which could cause problems with it being old and potentially brittle.

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Valid points about the wiring and reflectors, but all I can say that I have done this in various cars over the last 20 years or so and never had a problem.

The only problem that I know of is in the older Mondeo, where if you don't use a low U/V bulb, then the internal plastic screen can turn yellow.

At the end of the day, it's your choice....................

Just my 2p's worth:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts