Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before everyone starts slating me it's more curiosity and the occasional play than anything else.
I've considered fitting a bee r but seen all the horror stories so probably not for me anymore so what is the best way to get the occasional Pop and bang from the car while stationary or moving without hitting the limiter?
Also if anyone has videos :D please do share

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
buy a genuine one, don't abuse it too much, and get ready to replace your gaskets and clean your plugs every few weeks, not ideal on a ceramic turbo either

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you must live local Dave I've seen your car around, what has made you not want it anymore?
I know it's not ideal for the turbo which is why ideally I would rather there be a sweet spot to do it without anything being added. I do get the odd pop and bang but it's not on demand and don't always come out tends to be more just flame when changing gear at high rpm

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Had a Bee*R fitted for a few months, had no problems with it (other that fouling plugs and blowing the **** out of my exhaust/gaskets) but I knew I was getting a new exhaust from turbo back and a new turbo :p

sold it once i fit the new exhaust, gaskets were blown to **** and 2 holes in exhaust :/

fun toy though ^^

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'll be getting a new turbo at some point and like you say it's a lot of maintenance go do that I was thinking if I can get it to do it by just blipping the throttle myself it must be a lot safer and less harmful?

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
To be brutally honest with you Lewis, I'm no longer using it because its the cause of the car currently being broken. It's saht all over piston no.4. Ringlands gone.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats probably why i haven't seen it driving about recently then and i see think its because of the bee-r or think they was on their way out?

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
Well actually I'm still driving it, as its my only car, and I need it to get to work, I'm just not driving it anywhere other than to work and back. It's running on 5 cylinders, pending rebuild when I source another car to use.

The engine was on 70kmiles, and was in excellent condition. Never burnt oil, never missed a beat, always started instantly. I have almost no doubt in thinking it was the Bee*R that broke piston 4. It started misfiring badly immediately after I left a junction and hit the Bee*R limiter a few times, bang bang bang, then misifre. Compression test and no.4 is down to 60psi. All other 5 are at 155psi.

You can use a Bee*R if you want, many people do without issue. But I am now among the pther large group of people that can blame engine rebuilds on Bee*R limiters.

Before this, I would have fully recommended a Bee*R, its great fun. And stupidly easy to use. But now. Not so much.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I think I will leave it then It would be my luck that the same would happen and I don't have the spare cash for that yet :) I'll stick to the little Pop and flame when shifting :) where in Kent are you from?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have heard some loud and agressive bangs from a bee-r. heard it from just over a mile away! i cant help but think any form of making bangs is going to damage the engine. i get flames and little pops when changing gear so think that will have to do. i have thought about a link g4 and when i do a rebuild i will use it with it all being set up but still probably keep it to a minimum to save the engine.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Is the bee r function an anti lag or totally different?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
as mylo has said a bee r is only a rev limiter

Anti Lag is a completely different system but both will create pops and bangs only anti lag actually serves a purpose to keep the turbo spooled under gear change/off throttle actions where the bee r cannot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
as mylo has said a bee r is only a rev limiter

Anti Lag is a completely different system but both will create pops and bangs only anti lag actually serves a purpose to keep the turbo spooled under gear change/off throttle actions where the bee r cannot.

Link G4 be a good investment for a R34 then?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts