Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What advantages would having the head ported on the RB26 give me.. would it improve the torque , top end , smoothness of the engine, This would be with 264 inlet and 272 outlet cams..

Also how can I improve the flow through an engine,

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Standard moulding techniques leave the inside of the head rough and not easy for air to move across.

If you get it flowed the air will be able to move more freely and therefore the engine will be more efficient.

Cams would just improve the ammounf of time you are either letting air in and out of the engine and when in the big bang cycle you are doing so.

Expect a 3-13% increase in airflow through the head.

The Airflow needs to be bench matched from inlet to exhaust when flowing a head which takes a professional to do.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benefit

Ignoring busters silly comments for the moment..

What would I see in benefits...?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Increasing the volume throughput by porting and longer duration, higher lift cams will allow you to increase fuel levels whilst maintain A/F ratio at a given engine speed

therefore more power and a differrent torque curve

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Buster,
Your info is correct mate, it was done Orinocho Studios London (hence the name) by Enya using a soundstation (or two from memory)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Ah good just need to sort my spelling then.
Isaac has had his gas flowed, just need to get it running and on the dyno at Abbey on Friday and a direct comparison will be available as it was dyno run just before it went pop and pre porting.

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
I don't wanna be around when Isaac's gas flows. lol.

Think I'll Sail Away at that point...

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
To be fair i dont think that porting is of a benefit until you are able to push through more air. I.e bigger/better turbo.
From what i understand a polished head and big turbo will give much better results than a normal head and big turbo. Porting on its own does not make a huge difference.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
What im trying to say is its all very well having the potential for more flow. You have to be able to get the extra flow from somewhere first. i.e bigger/better turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts