Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just put the car back together after doing the DIY front intake plenum mod that has been done by a few peeps already, started it last night and it wont idle!

Im pretty confident about the boost hoses etc, as i marked them all as i took them off, i had the original plenum for reference, and all the connections are good and tight.

Im guessing its either the dumpvalve now being VTA, or the AAC pipe that used to go into the crossover pipe elbow, that i've put into the old dumpvalve recirc pipe (this i was told worked for others that have done this mod in the past).
I thought that as it drew air only at tickover after the afm then putting it into the recirc pipe would be the same, only its closer, and doesnt have the turbo in between. Would this be a bad assumption?

I have a SAFC fitted can anyone give me the code i need for the hotwire setting, now the dumpvalve is set to VTA?

I really need to get this sorted as i need the car for work every day and im sure its a simple problem i may have overlooked.

Any ideas at all would help
:cheers:
Kev

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right just an update, im getting somewhere, i spoke to the guys ay rising sun today and they were a huge help! :cheers: gave a few good pointers over the phone for me!

its running better now, but i need the hot wire code for the SAFC and the manual says the code is 4. But the SAFC needs two didgits?! For In and Out.

If anyone knows the code or what it means let me know, cos im so close to sorting it now i cant wait to get rolling!!

Kev

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
the in and out on the SAFC should be the same, unless you have a different AFM to STD,

in the FAQ section on here you can get the link to the manual, read it all before setting the SAFC up, I read it a good 3 times before i wired mine up and set up the basic settings,

hope this helps

Cheers
Dazzler

Edit: sorry i notice you have the manual, have you got the wiring manual too? I think it may only be the Jap version that gives the Hotwire codes, but in that it stats that the skyline is HW-4, AFAIR,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts