Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean when your package is placed on Retention?

Ive had a parcel from nengun that was accepted by parcel force in coventry at the start of June, then placed in retention on the 11th of June.....and hasnt moved since.

Ive had things go to retention before but normally only for a few days....

Is it customs?
Ive tried to contact parcel force but there phonelines are hopeless and the website is dribble...

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I would think that its to do with customs. best to keep trying to get through to them and find out for sure.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i deal with parcelforce all day at work i could try asking what's going on with it if you like... it'll look like i'm doing some work :)

if you're ok with that pm me the tracking number and i'll take a look

but only if you're ok with it

if not just try and track the parcel on the phone (the website is less than useless) 08708 50 11 50 give the tracking details then "other enquiry" and then just hold on the line until you go through to an operator.

they should then be able to help (most of the time)

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ill give it a go ;)

The problem is i dont have a parcel force tracking number, only the EMS number from Japan :confused:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
ah, then that i don't know ... so they haven't even given it a tracking number in the uk yet? i would have thought that would have been the first thing that they did.

if it's a case of money owing then they should still put a tracking number on it so so it's tracked and then wait for you to contact unless they have your number then they'd just ask for payment.

weird

have you managed to speak to anyone at all from parcelforce?

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For what ever reason, parcelforce has sent it back to Japan :mad:

Still trying to get more info....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
812 Posts
You should have got a letter telling you how much you had to pay, if you don't pay within so much time they send it back. Usually I think they give you about a month, so I don't know what happened to you this time.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to the EMS the parcel only got as far as coventry. Usually it gets to glasgow then i get a letter...

No letter
No Delivery
No Contact....

Todd at Nengun is on the case, seems they have been having a few probs with parcel force recently

:(

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
When it it shown as on retention it means that it is at your local parcelforce depot. Usually you get your letter the day after it arrives there. Will you have to pay for them to re send?????

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ive mentioned before about my turbo kit being held up at coventry parcelforce for a week.
I assume coventry is 1 of the major inlets/customs/sorting offices for parcelforce as all my nengun things come through there.
Ive always assumed that whenever my parcels have been on "retention" its been checked out and evaluated by customs.

The parcelforce letter you recieve should only be sent out once your parcel makes it to your local depot for collection although i keep an eye on the tracking through nengun and just turn up with I.D. when it hits my local depot to collect it before the letter even arrives a few days later!

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like i said i never got a letter and i always get a letter when it arrives a the glasgow depot.

Ill just have to wait and see what happens assuming it gets back to japan ok

:mad:

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Umm nope, they had it since the 02nd of June..

Parcel force have admitted they didnt bother to get in touch with me:mad:

Just waiting for nengun to get the stuff back to send it again

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes and no.

The UK PO held my parcel without telling me it was in the country. Nengun hadnt given me the correct EMS number so i had no idea it was here, otherwise i would of got in touch with them.

PO then returned the parcel to sender...and it took nengun a month to find it in there warehouse when it did get back to them :mad:

Still waiting for it to arrive!

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
nengun are absolutely useless, 1 month after placing and paying for an order with them, I emailed them to find out wtf was happening, he then informed me that 1 of the parts i ordered wasnt in stock. He aksed if I would like him to send it anyway, to which i replied yes. 2 weeks later, nothing, no emails, no tracking, so i email again "oh, well im getting the part in soon so didnt send it". 3 weeks later.. guess what. Nothing.

The guy is a complete ass hole, his CS is a joke.

Saying that, Greenline are just as bad, they never reply to mine or anyone elses emails, has he gone bust or something?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
hmmm, im now thinking twice about this... maybe its worth paying the extra over here to get it straight away?!?!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts