Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, drifting is as new to me as sobriety so I could use some beginner info:

Not wanting to smash up my pride and joy learning, I could do with a cheap RWD hack for practicing. Can we get some ideas along the lines of the old Volvo's and Sierras that can be picked up dirt cheap and not care if we prang them?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Yeap def agree on the old beemers especially some of the slightly bigger ones like the 530i's there always coming up for peanuts with plenty of grunt and very reliable enngines.

·
Registered
305 Posts
E30s - even the 316s
E28s - E46s - E36s - basically beemers
Sierras as you said
Volvo 340s are popular
Vauxhall Carltons....
Opel Mantas
Capris
NA supras

cut the springs - weld the diff and strip them out and your good to go - or jsut use your skline :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Best car i ever had for drifting was my old 2.8i Celica Supra perfectly weighted i thought, getting abit rare now though. The big 5 series are good fun too, mega cheap, the 535s got plenty of grunt and the sports got the same suspension set-up as the M-tek, but they are prone to eating heatgaskets :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 360 Saloon, Painted matt black, stripped, 2 bucket seats blocks on rear springs, diff front springs induction kit side exhaust and a welded diff all for under £300.

It rocks but has a few issues with not a lot of power so clutch will die quite quickly
Plan to fit a 2.3 Turbo engine from a 740

·
DWYB.CO.UK
799 Posts
http://www.trampdrift.com/ - everything you need to know about budget drifting

im a Datsun geek so prefer these - but any cheap rwd car is fine to start on

S13 > £1K
S14 > £1.5k
HCR32 > £ 2k

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nothing like early silvias! Very cheap to run!

s13
s13.5
s14

if you don't mind waiting for shipping... again lol! You can get some already mildly set up specifically for drifting!

I found some for under $2,000 us!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Speaking of Silvias, S12 one would probably be one of the cheapest drift toys to get. You can pick up a decent one for about 600 quid now. Once you outgrow it, it would be suitable to drop a CA18 or an RB20 in it.

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
but its trying to find a cheap rwd thats the problem! Ive been lookin for ages and really old silvias are like 1K!

I typed in a search on autotrader for rwd and turbo and less than 1k and it came up with a load of volvos! (dont want to ruin my reputation by driving a volvo! haha)

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,659 Posts
drifting is very big thing over here. bmw either are too heavy or bring tea bags with you cause will boil in minutes. s13 is popular here for drifting but only 180sx model . the 1.8 is crap(200sx).. easily the best car to learn in is gsi carlton 24v model...very easy drifted and very forgiving car. weld diff soliid, strip it out and wire up extra fan..so easy to drift plus strong engine with over 200bhp standard

1 - 20 of 46 Posts