Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i get the Power FC mapped, wanted to see what people's thoughts and ideas were on running it on the base map that it comes with? good idea? bad idea?

Is this sensible?! what boost does it run at? i've heard its pretty much same as standard.

Thanks guys

:dogpile:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Yes the base map is very conservative, so you wont do any harm by running around on it. I wouldnt rag it about though. The power fc dosent control the boost, unless you have the optional control kit of course. I ran mine at actuator pressure only while on the base map (std turbo)

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then,thanks for that. I have Blitz Boost controller so that will sort out the boost for me, which shouldnt be a problem. Think next on the list will hav to be AFM and injectors after i order my new fuel pump.

What clutch would you recommend? im hoping to get the car to 400-450 ish.

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok then, i mite have to take a look at Nengun when im feeling rich! think i need the gearbox out any way, sounds like there could be a problem. gulp!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
you could always get a exedy paddle clutch, i know some one running one in his drift car and its very good :) around 350 pounds for it i think

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
350? that sounds pretty reasonable to me, whats the goin rate to have a clutch fitted these days then?
Think i might need a new gear selector or sncyro mesh in my gearbox as changing through some of the gear when i boot it, it likes to grind a bit, not nice!!! :whip: Get it all done at the same time, save a bit of money.

Cheers for your help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts