Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I would inform those who dont know, apparently the PFC for the GTS is going to be made once more, (guessing apexi have noticed that they are back in demand!)

the official news is due in a couple of months.... hopefully this is all true!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
From where do you have the information if you don´t mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Can anyone in the trade verify this???

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
i would like one off santa this year please:D

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Have this information for a couple source's but the one I trust the most is an Apexi Autherised dealer,

but as i say i have hurd this from several source's, as far as i can make out its gonna happen! so keep your fingers n toes crossed peeps!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Ok, thanks dazzler22! :bounce:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know if this is going to affect the availability of the S14/a/s15 SR20DET Power FC, which is currently unavailable?

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not going to give that away just yet, because if it is not true then you all may laugh at them.... :crazy:

but having read this in a few place's now and having the confirmation from Apexi (who told the trader to ring back in 2 months for the official news) I would say it is going to happen,

It makes sence really as they have become like gold dust to get hold of for the Rb25det, Apexi have seen the oppertunity to make money again from it, with not too much investment from there side, (only a case of finding a new chip supplier, since NEC stopped making the original chip!) once they have sourced a new chip it needs to be preloaded with the base map, (somthing they already have!) and production can start again, from a business point of view it is a no brainer!

but then they could still change there mind....

just keep the fingers crossed init!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know if this is going to affect the availability of the S14/a/s15 SR20DET Power FC, which is currently unavailable?
I would guess that if they see the market oppertunity, they will take it, from a business point of view it makes sence, they have the hardware, it was only chip manufacturing issues (NEC stopped making them) that caused manufacture to stop, now that there is a potential booming market for these here in the UK and the US it mkaes perfect sence that they would start making them again.

im only the middle man on this, but i am really really hoping that it is true!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
105 Posts
They have already started making them, i heard about this about 2 months ago, demand will be very tight for a while, but in a few months everyone will have them, and the price will (hopefully) be what it was before, and not 800 pounds like people are charging now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
They have already started making them, i heard about this about 2 months ago, demand will be very tight for a while, but in a few months everyone will have them, and the price will (hopefully) be what it was before, and not 800 pounds like people are charging now.
£800?

Price for the one I ordered will be £460 :S

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have seen them go on ebay for over £1000 (desperate people i guess!).

I think the demand is there and will continue to grow, I wonder how many GTS-T's are coming into the UK every week? 10? 20? either way skylines are becoming less rare over here, also S14/15's are starting to appear and they are looking for these too, all about supply and demand, and im pretty sure the demand is here!

Plus apexi coule just be adapting the GTR verison, in which case the outlay for them is very small, but the profit potential is very high, (willing to bet it cost's them a lot less than £100 to make) thats over 300% profit, business is good!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
4 Posts
who gives a **** about 200sx's lmfao........... c'mon ecr33 power fc's pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nice attitude :hippy: I'm glad that other forum members are more welcoming than you :) I'd hope you'd get a more welcoming response if you were to ever try to get anything from the SX community.

Dazzler: Good stuff :) There are a lot of SX owners that this will be welcome news to :)
Cheers :)
Si

1 - 20 of 23 Posts