Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to bite the bullet and order a PowerFC.

Do I go for the additonal boost controller or the Apexi AVC-R as this clearly adds more lights and buttons to play with:cool:

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
The AVC-R is better than the PFC one (more boost levels etc) but the PFC one is easier to install (AVC-R needs splicing into your ECU loom :eek: ) so it's 50/50 but I'd have the AVC-R personally (as it's got more flashy lights :D )

PS I've bought some Mapping software for a GTT PFC and I'm just waiting to see if it works (will find out next week). If it does then do you want to borrow it?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ian, would be very interested in borrowing thanks, I didn't realise that it was available.

In which case, is the hand controller a worthwhile investment as I am unsure I would use it much after mapping is completed?

E

·
0 Posts
YAY are you definately doing it now?

As Ian said the AVC-R is spliced into the ecu loom but if you`re having a new ecu anyway...............what the hell...........its all gonna be getting messed around with.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ian, once you have had a play with the software, can you tell me how to use it?? I am still an learner of it. I might have to go to the library to borrow the "Power FC for Idiots" =)

Joe

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly going for it - the impending GT4 shootout means I HAVE to have more power:D

I am awaiting a response on the mulitbuy - sent an e-mail again tonight.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thinking that man - have sent a further e-mail to guage interest from Greenline in a multibuy.

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Nick - I'd still get the hand Commander as it's a good diagnostic tool for keeping an eye on things (inj duty, knock etc), it looks great too :D and it'll allow you to change things on the fly like the rev limit etc - already tested 8000 on mine, doesn't sound nice :eek: back to 7250 (6950 as standard)

Joe - I'm only using mine in "Monitor" at the moment as I know bugger all about mapping but some of the stuff I have used (rev limit, boost kit etc) seems pretty easy. I've got the RX7 H/C manual on my website and thats the one I used to change stuff.

The software is FCDatalogit stuff from NZ. They don't sell a GTT version yet but they do sell a Subaru version and, as we both use the same hand Commander and the software is the same, it should be ok. If it doesn't then the Datalogit H/C adaptor may allow the GTT H/C to be used with the proper PowerExcel software. As I said, I'll be finding out next week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
sounds good my new power fc and hand controller are on route from japan, so may need some info on fitting it etc, also have apexi s-afc2 is that worth fitting.and ian would software work on my r34 gtt. hva e a good one

·
Registered
6 Posts
guys help who has some mapping software for the power fc for an rb25det they are willing to share???any help would be muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SIKR33 said:
guys help who has some mapping software for the power fc for an rb25det they are willing to share???any help would be muchly appreciated.
I believe that Ian's software did not work on the GTT and there is none available as it uses a different hand controller - I do not know who else has the software for the R33/32 though..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts