Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...hello...

have been running stage 1 gtr for a few years with no probs (touch wood)..time to keep ahead of the game now and spend some cash...

car made 370bhp (fly) and has usual exhaust, induction etc mods (inc emanage)....the thing is i cannot decide whether to have a power fc installed and mapped (am told would give approx another 40bhp and smoother running) OR have turbos uprated to steel internals and a boost controller fitted and set to higher boost..??

which gives better bang for my bucks and is there anything else i would need to do when uprating turbos..???

thanks.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes.....

car has been dyno'd twice and holds just under 1 bar....

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
If you are looking to get new/reconditioned turbo's I wouldn't bother with steel internals on standard tubby's, because for approx the same price you can get Garrett 2860-7's (equivalent to HKS GTSS's). Get them plus a decent boost controller (Greddy Profec B) and get your emanage re-mapped, then when funds allow get yourself a Power FC.
Additional recommended mods when changing turbo's is uprated exhaust elbows. Also a hard pipe kit would be nice.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you are looking to get new/reconditioned turbo's I wouldn't bother with steel internals on standard tubby's, because for approx the same price you can get Garrett 2860-7's (equivalent to HKS GTSS's). Get them plus a decent boost controller (Greddy Profec B) and get your emanage re-mapped, then when funds allow get yourself a Power FC.
Additional recommended mods when changing turbo's is uprated exhaust elbows. Also a hard pipe kit would be nice.
Sound advice there.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Depends on ya cash,i couldnt afford new tubbys,so had power fc fitted and mapped.Ive got similar mods to you and am running........well you can see down there :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.