Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed an Apexi Power FC with commander and optional boost control kit. There seem to be 4 different settings in the BOOST part of the setup. Each rising in pressure and cycle percentage. What do all these mean?

I have adjusted the first one to .8 kg and it seems to boost to .8 so I pressume I have fitted it correctly but whats the percentage for and what do the other 3 boost settings do?

Thanks in advance.

·
R33 GTR V-Spec
113 Posts
You can select from 4 boost levels and the number next to it is the base duty cycle for the boost solenoid. The PFC will 'home in' on the correct boost level whatever you set the duty cycle to but it may be slow or spike if it is set too low or too high.

Say you have 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9 bar as your settings you can then move to whichever line you want and click 'prev' and the PFC will run that boost level. It just saves you actually adjusting the number if you want to run different boost levels for everyday / track etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
GarethK said:
You can select from 4 boost levels and the number next to it is the base duty cycle for the boost solenoid. The PFC will 'home in' on the correct boost level whatever you set the duty cycle to but it may be slow or spike if it is set too low or too high.

Say you have 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9 bar as your settings you can then move to whichever line you want and click 'prev' and the PFC will run that boost level. It just saves you actually adjusting the number if you want to run different boost levels for everyday / track etc.
can anyone expand on above, say ive set the following boost levels

1. 0.65
2. 0.75
3. 0.80
4. 0.90

what whould be the corret duty cycle ? or can these only be found while mapping ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The correct duty cycles can only be found while mapping..
You want the duty cycle to be accurate to give you a nice stable boost curve...Too low a setting it will take too long to make target and may sag at the end , to high and it will overboost...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts