Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the HKS FCON IS myself had it installed by tdp, comes highly reccommend by them suppose to be more you can do with them or somethin they dont recommend power Fc's dunno why. Ive had no problems, runnin safely at 395bhp. Looks well too!

Attachments

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Can't say which is the better but I recently got a Power FC all the tuners\garages I know had no qualms with me getting it and all said they have good maps for it, you can keep an eye on things (knock\injector duty cycle\etc) via the hand controller and set it up to flash warning on the dash if certain values exceed limits

I know these are old and people go for the newest thing but their tried and tested and run in a lot of high spec'd jap cars so that's why I ended up getting one

·
Registered
134 Posts
HKS is good, but as mentioned you need a mapper near you (that you trust) that has access to HKS software, other wise the Power FC is a wise choice, with the hand commander you can do a lot and any mapper can do it

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
HKS is physcially better - 32bit processing compared to old 16bit processing on the power fc, means you get data back quicker on the HKS unit then you do on the power fc

also the HKS units allow for finer tuning meaning better fuel consumption

when i go to buy another ecu, it will only be HKS

yes i am a HKS whore by the way :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have a tuner then what are you waiting for man.Someone to tell you a PFC is better then a HKS?theres no such fool that could ever say that.Unless they have no clue or worked with HKS...........Nah I don't think some one here can say PFC better then HKS.
Just get to it.
I envy you right now.
I only went for fc cause here no one can properly tune a V-pro.Such a ****ing shame man.
Our best bet is to use d-jetro here in the USA.L-jetro if you know the way of the samurai lol

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
The HKS F-Con iS has many benefits when compared to the Apexi Power FC.
Unlike the out-dated Power FC, which uses a 16bit processor. The F-Con uses a 32 bit processor, which allows it to make fuelling and ignition changes much faster. It can use a map sensor and AFM at the same time, to give the best of both worlds. This means you won't have to worry about upgrading the AFM to a Z32, which can be quite costly. It can also convert your car to Map only D-Jetro, if you have a lot of tuning done and need to remove your air flow meter. It has compensation for all different engine sensors and vehicle speed. It can also control boost if you have a solenoid valve on the car. Unlike a lot of engine management systems, it is not tied to any one car, so you can bring it to your next Jap car by getting the right loom.
They have been the ecu of choice for some of the quickest Jap cars in the world - Top Secret, Trust, Greddy, Veilside, Sarus and many more use them to control their race cars. ;)

·
Holy f**k sir are we really on our roof?
1,327 Posts
You don't happen to be an agent for HKS do you cathy?! So what do you need to run HKS management on something like an R34 GTT? I've been looking at HKS management for a while now, seems very good stuff

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
You don't happen to be an agent for HKS do you cathy?! So what do you need to run HKS management on something like an R34 GTT? I've been looking at HKS management for a while now, seems very good stuff

Why yes, yes we are. How ever did you guess :p
Sorry, what do you mean "what do you need"? There's a harness for the GTT. So, whatever mods you want, then get the car mapped to suit.:)

Here's before and after graphs for my car (ECR33 with F-Con iS)

Here's a before and after showing axle (wheel) bhp and torque from my car.
(The green line is before and the red and blue lines are after mapping)

And here's one showing before and after flywheel bhp and torque for my car
(The green line is before and the red and blue lines are after mapping)

·
Holy f**k sir are we really on our roof?
1,327 Posts
Can the f-con IS do away with the afm to run a map sensor? Or is that only available in the pro version?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
not the smoothest lines in the world cathy..

any idea why the power and tourque dip at 5500 rpm?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts