Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car r33 gtst type m nearly 8 years however I've never had it at a rolling road from what I know it has hks intercooler, hks ssqv, hks super dagger exhaust, blitz coil packs, runs 0.8, hks boost solanoid, Ms Air filter these are what u know of what would be a realistic power figure I would use as baseline for wheel bhp

·
Registered
68 Posts
intercooler, ssqv and coil packs wont really effect rolling road results on a standard car. So realistically for a stock car with an exhaust and 0.8 bar I'd say around 270? Its going to depend on the dyno, not all are identical and some are more generous than others with their results.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What boosts do folk run, obviously it depends on the tune level of the car but what's the highest boosts folk run, as I had a celica gt4 previously that ran at 1.6 bar

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
When I had mine a long long time ago now 😁 I had a bone stock engine no filters or exhaust. Had it dynod and ran 247 bhp at 0.75 bar again everything stock. Only mods I put on the car we're an arc intake which upped the power to 256 bhp. I dabbled with a front mount instead of the side mount stock which gave the best gain up to 306 bhp still at 0.75 bar increased the lag but gave more on boost. Exhaust was fully standard all times and was all done on the same dyno over 3 years.

I suppose you could extrapolate what power you could have 😁 the front mount was the biggest benefit. Also I wouldn't go much higher than 0.85 bar unless you want the exhaust wheel to part company 😁

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I'm back at work the wife has give permission to get a top mount manifold and a turbo but she want me to future proof so she wants me to buy a turbo that can produce way more than I currently need so as I mod the turbo will handle it is that possible

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I eventually want 6-700 wheel hp with a 100 nose shot and I'd like the car to be road legal but able to use on drag days that's why she wants me to future proof the turbo if possible

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
You'll need a lot more future proofing than just the turbo to run that power 😳 to make that at the wheels you'll need 780 at the engine which will be a 5 figure build.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that I have a job that allows it eventually I want a stroker kit, with all the added bits stand alone fuel system ect I know that but what I don't want to do is spend x amount on turbo then x again on turbo I'd rather spend it once if you know what I mean

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean probably an hks GTIII 5R or similar would be what you're looking for

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'd forget your turbo and put the money on sorting the block first. Then fuelling, cams and management and finally get your manifold and turbo.

If you got the turbo and manifold now you can really do anything with it them as the standard engine and fuel system won't be up to the job of running it properly.

However, 700bhp is all well and good but you need to make sure you have the brakes and suspension to keep up with it

·
Registered
415 Posts
In terms of drivability and fun, I'm not sure what the difference is between 500 and 700 HP is? When would it be relevant? Maybe for competition? In a fairly light GTS-t both are insane power. Either way, unless you do the tuning yourself, you're going to need a good tuner you trust, to get advice from, and who isn't going to charge you the earth. I have spent thousands on my car, and probably thousands of hours work (researching, buying parts, breaking ****, building, etc) and I'm only just getting towards 450 HP. The road to monster power is long, hard and very expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts